McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a used car that has a carbon fiber rear diffuser. Any issues with rock chips etc? It looks great, just want to make sure it will stand the test of time.
Thank you in advance.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
My car had 4k miles on it when purchased. Rear diffuser looked new and chip free. Clear bra guys covered it to satisfy my AR disorder. Front splitter has a pretty good rock strike (1) on it, rest looked new. I agree with Champagne - CF is the magic dust that makes thes cars fast :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rock chips are not going to happen at the rear part of this car. I
My past 3 cars have had c.f.rear diffusers.... no rock chips at all (it's not the front of the car after all). The only way to fu3k up the rear diffuser is backing into a low curb or something of the like.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
Rock chips are not going to happen at the rear part of this car. I
My past 3 cars have had c.f.rear diffusers.... no rock chips at all (it's not the front of the car after all). The only way to fu3k up the rear diffuser is backing into a low curb or something of the like.
Not that this is possible in a 12c but an off track experience can leave a mark. :D. Especially if the front and back trade positions as you go off. Don't ask me how I know :rolleyes:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok! Note to self.....don't spin the car around, don't back into a curb, consider getting a clear bra, and I'm fortunate the car has a carbon fiber diffuser as apposed to plastic. Seriously, thank you all for the helpful posts. Hopefully all works out and I will have some delivery pictures to share.
This Forum is fantastic, my first day and I already have a forum member offering to go an give the car a once over for me as I cannot find a way for myself to go see the car.
Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Ok! Note to self.....don't spin the car around, don't back into a curb, consider getting a clear bra, and I'm fortunate the car has a carbon fiber diffuser as apposed to plastic. Seriously, thank you all for the helpful posts. Hopefully all works out and I will have some delivery pictures to share.
This Forum is fantastic, my first day and I already have a forum member offering to go an give the car a once over for me as I cannot find a way for myself to go see the car.
Thank you all.
Make sure it goes on a lift and numerous pictures are taken.

Better they fix it than you - good luck!

I assume the Dallas dealer doesn't have any Macs - bought a Bentley SS there and was extremely pleased.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Can't Sleep Neelan?:D:D

We are a small knit community Neelan - I am sure one of the California guys could go check out the car for you. Better yet - Ask the sales agen to put it on a lift and send you detailed pics of the diffusers(front and rea) and undertray. Finally - Make sure they have done the annual service AND have done the latest software update. I forget what update # is the latest but it should be part of the deal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't Sleep Neelan?:D:D

We are a small knit community Neelan - I am sure one of the California guys could go check out the car for you. Better yet - Ask the sales agen to put it on a lift and send you detailed pics of the diffusers(front and rea) and undertray. Finally - Make sure they have done the annual service AND have done the latest software update. I forget what update # is the latest but it should be part of the deal.
Ritesh,
I have not been able to sleep ever since I drove your spider. One of the forum members was kind enough to go see the car for me today. Based on his observations I have decided to pass on that car. I will keep looking, I am hugely disappointed, but better to find the right one. Pull some strings for me with your Dallas friends and have them keep an eye out for some spider trade ins!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts