McLaren Life banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

One hole in the 720S carbon ceramic brake disc is missing.
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Water Wood Rim Automotive wheel system

Is there a similar person?
Water Eye Wood Liquid Gas

According to the maintenance manual, it seems that this degree does not need to be replaced.
Automotive tire Font Screenshot Circle Parallel

If it hurts so far, we recommend replacing it.

Product Automotive tire Tire Organism Font

Attachments

·
Owner
601 Posts
I'm assuming the title got lost in translation and you meant: "Carbon ceramic brake disc hole is damaged" (or chipped). Yeah, this happens from time to time and yours looks identical to the top example where the instructions say: "Do not renew disc." I would not worry about it, that's pretty normal for that to happen and two of my McLarens had a small chip in one of the holes.

Reactions: rnixon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming the title got lost in translation and you meant: "Carbon ceramic brake disc hole is damaged" (or chipped). Yeah, this happens from time to time and yours looks identical to the top example where the instructions say: "Do not renew disc." I would not worry about it, that's pretty normal for that to happen and two of my McLarens had a small chip in one of the holes.
Thank you for your comment. This is my first time to use a carbon ceramic brake car, so I was worried about a small chip in the disc hole. Is it a feeling that pebbles are inserted in the holes of the disc and are chipped? I was relieved that it was a symptom of other vehicles.

·
Owner
601 Posts
Thank you for your comment. This is my first time to use a carbon ceramic brake car, so I was worried about a small chip in the disc hole. Is it a feeling that pebbles are inserted in the holes of the disc and are chipped? I was relieved that it was a symptom of other vehicles.
No, I don't think it's caused by pebbles, more like fatigue around the holes. Anytime you have a hole drilled into something, the part is weaker around that area. On carbon ceramics they tend to flake or chip around the hole from normal or more aggressive use. On steel rotors they crack. Just the way they are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts