McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving in traffic today and Car told me that the clutch was overheating. And also the water level turned 75% and orange. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358715121.677002.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358715130.766645.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358715138.166723.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358715146.650546.jpg
Look at the color of the fluid it looks like coolant. Car would not get out of limp mode until I got home and parked it

·
Registered
886 Posts
My guess is inter cooler fluid since the coolant radiators are on the sides behind the doors and the inter cooler fluid heat exchangers are in the front on each side.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Was driving in traffic today and Car told me that the clutch was overheating. And also the water level turned 75% and orange. View attachment 1988 View attachment 1989 View attachment 1990 View attachment 1991
Look at the color of the fluid it looks like coolant. Car would not get out of limp mode until I got home and parked it
Hello G force,
Not this many problems when we had our Lamborghinis, right ???? :rolleyes:
Sorry but, If these guys don't get it together real soon ...... This is going to affect our car's re-sale value. Owners better start cracking the whip on the 'Snoozers In Woking'.:eek:
I've bitched already about their unrequited promises of a world class product.
Come on McLaren ..... Button up these loose ends, already; this stuff is cringeworthy !!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sounds to me like "limp mode" got you home without damaging the engine or anything else. Seems like pretty darn good engineering to avoid being too inconvenienced, being towed and protect your investment IMHO.

·
Owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not saying anything bad
I'm just shocked I was not even beating on my car. It's just upsetting car only has 400 miles .

·
Owner
893 Posts
I'm not saying anything bad
I'm just shocked I was not even beating on my car. It's just upsetting car only has 400 miles .
Gee, I am honestly sorry to hear this, g force. Especially with a virgin car.
My brand new first Lotus sprung a heater core leak the second month I owned it, leaking anti-freeze all over the interior, and blew off an engine oil line ferrule a short while later. :(:mad: .....
Keep us posted on what the heck it was.
Regards,
LB :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
i just hit 1100 miles, track day + 3 hard core rally's and havent had a glitch.
local dealer should go above and beyond and handle everything. best of luck

·
Registered
380 Posts
g force and Mac 1 definitely have terrific colors on their cars. Not relevant to this discussion, but ALWAYS relevant in my book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts