McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 720s
On two occasions while driving locally the engine goes into a "governor" mode no won't go above 20 mph. It goes away when I switch off the engine.
What causes this? Something to do with nose height adjusting?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Y
I'm a new owner of a 720s
On two occasions while driving locally the engine goes into a "governor" mode no won't go above 20 mph. It goes away when I switch off the engine.
What causes this? Something to do with nose height adjusting?
You are inadvertently activating the speed limiter when trying to lower the lift . Don’t worry .... we have all done that

Once you have lifted the car and are driving off then you do not press the button on the right side of the stalk as that engages the limiter . Just move the stalk down . I can’t remember off the top of my head but if you inadvertently engage the limiter then either pull or push the stalk away or towards you .

In summary ;

Pressing the button on the right side activates the lifter. It stays engaged even when you want to lower the car after you have lifted it . If you press that button again it activates the limiter (ppl think they have to press it again if they want to lower the car . (Do not press that button and just move the stalk down to lower the car )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Y

You are inadvertently activating the speed limiter when trying to lower the lift . Don’t worry .... we have all done that

Once you have lifted the car and are driving off then you do not press the button on the right side of the stalk as that engages the limiter . Just move the stalk down . I can’t remember off the top of my head but if you inadvertently engage the limiter then either pull or push the stalk away or towards you .

In summary ;

Pressing the button on the right side activates the lifter. It stays engaged even when you want to lower the car after you have lifted it . If you press that button again it activates the limiter (ppl think they have to press it again if they want to lower the car . (Do not press that button and just move the stalk down to lower the car )
Thanks
Makes sense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Y

Been there, done it..... numerous times :ROFLMAO:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts