McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is there now. Only one qualified paint shop in the area apparently, up in Marin. So while straightforward, the process is involved and they expect it will take a couple of weeks.

I think the guys at the dealership were more excited than I was! :D

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
My car is there now. Only one qualified paint shop in the area apparently, up in Marin. So while straightforward, the process is involved and they expect it will take a couple of weeks.

I think the guys at the dealership were more excited than I was! :D
I wonder what's so involved about swapping OEM bumpers.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder what's so involved about swapping OEM bumpers.
Usually nothing.

Car has to be sent 60 miles to a "certified" paint shop.
I have an integrated radar detector that has to be reinstalled which may not be straightforward since the carbon piece has different openings than the standard.
I have a clear bra that needs to be reapplied including to the carbon piece.

I think it is going to be pretty cool. The shop had a surprise for me today and I told them to go ahead with it. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Very nice. Well done. Can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Usually nothing.

Car has to be sent 60 miles to a "certified" paint shop.
I have an integrated radar detector that has to be reinstalled which may not be straightforward since the carbon piece has different openings than the standard.
I have a clear bra that needs to be reapplied including to the carbon piece.

I think it is going to be pretty cool. The shop had a surprise for me today and I told them to go ahead with it. Stay tuned!
I would have Premier wrap that spendy bumper, not Elite.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Its the MSO one Ken,i asked earlier,think its 15k in the UK,but I haven't costed it up yet!
You can't get the HS version and I'm pretty sure that's what was pictured. As for the MSO bumper the none HS version, it cost $30k up here in Canada before painting and install, that's before the supposed price increase. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You can't get the HS version and I'm pretty sure that's what was pictured. As for the MSO bumper the none HS version, it cost $30k up here in Canada before painting and install, that's before the supposed price increase. Cheers....����
Only quoting what the OP says it is,i know you cannot get the HS bumper,but GOPLAY just said it was the MSO one,not the HS one:confused::)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.