McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the MSO bumper. It comes as an insert but a whole new bumper is required since the existing parts can't be removed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's the MSO bumper. It comes as an insert but a whole new bumper is required since the existing parts can't be removed.
I was there when stuart open the bumper. Money well spend on the bumper. When are you going to install the bumper?

David

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is there now. Only one qualified paint shop in the area apparently, up in Marin. So while straightforward, the process is involved and they expect it will take a couple of weeks.

I think the guys at the dealership were more excited than I was! :D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do want that bumper. IMO, 10x better looking than HS piece

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder what's so involved about swapping OEM bumpers.
Usually nothing.

Car has to be sent 60 miles to a "certified" paint shop.
I have an integrated radar detector that has to be reinstalled which may not be straightforward since the carbon piece has different openings than the standard.
I have a clear bra that needs to be reapplied including to the carbon piece.

I think it is going to be pretty cool. The shop had a surprise for me today and I told them to go ahead with it. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Very nice. Well done. Can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Usually nothing.

Car has to be sent 60 miles to a "certified" paint shop.
I have an integrated radar detector that has to be reinstalled which may not be straightforward since the carbon piece has different openings than the standard.
I have a clear bra that needs to be reapplied including to the carbon piece.

I think it is going to be pretty cool. The shop had a surprise for me today and I told them to go ahead with it. Stay tuned!
I would have Premier wrap that spendy bumper, not Elite.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Its the MSO one Ken,i asked earlier,think its 15k in the UK,but I haven't costed it up yet!
You can't get the HS version and I'm pretty sure that's what was pictured. As for the MSO bumper the none HS version, it cost $30k up here in Canada before painting and install, that's before the supposed price increase. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You can't get the HS version and I'm pretty sure that's what was pictured. As for the MSO bumper the none HS version, it cost $30k up here in Canada before painting and install, that's before the supposed price increase. Cheers....����
Only quoting what the OP says it is,i know you cannot get the HS bumper,but GOPLAY just said it was the MSO one,not the HS one:confused::)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts