McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car got 10.2 back in november and the IRIS system was not respondig anymore after the update. Dealer had to replace the head unit to bring it back to life.

Today my car got 10.6 and booom, same problem. Dealer had to replace the head unit plus the main unit to bring the system back to life.

So now I'm on 10.6 but none of the problems have been solved. IRIS screen is randomly going black and does refuse to respond until car is restarted. Radio function is either not working at all or instantly crashing when getting activated on the UI. Navigation is crashing every other day.

Are they going to install a new head unit on every update now ? Why is the system still so buggy is really beyond my understanding :mad:

I'm also wondering why it seems to work ok on some cars and is completely useless on others like mine. Dealer is really trying but to no success.

I know it's all about driving pleasure and the car is a pleasure to drive for sure but this electronic gremlins are starting to drive me nuts..

Not impressed. Not impressed at all :mad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My car got 10.2 back in november and the IRIS system was not respondig anymore after the update. Dealer had to replace the head unit to bring it back to life.

Today my car got 10.6 and booom, same problem. Dealer had to replace the head unit plus the main unit to bring the system back to life.

So now I'm on 10.6 but none of the problems have been solved. IRIS screen is randomly going black and does refuse to respond until car is restarted. Radio function is either not working at all or instantly crashing when getting activated on the UI. Navigation is crashing every other day.

Are they going to install a new head unit on every update now ? Why is the system still so buggy is really beyond my understanding :mad:

I'm also wondering why it seems to work ok on some cars and is completely useless on others like mine. Dealer is really trying but to no success.

I know it's all about driving pleasure and the car is a pleasure to drive for sure but this electronic gremlins are starting to drive me nuts..

Not impressed. Not impressed at all :mad:
Well I guess who ever it is that produces and supplies the head unit with the accompanying gremlins will be responsible and liable. That's the great thing about subbing things out you get to go after them, and hopefully everything gets resolved, hopefully is the operative word. Good luck with all of your misfortune. Cheers.....?? beers back on tap. Yeeee haaaaa

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oeps. I'll need to get another update to see whether things keep working

·
Owner
893 Posts
McDc,
I was going to request the 10.6 update just to improve my system (solely to rectify one minor glitch) but now, you've got me thinking. Maybe it would be prudent to wait until the factory gets their act together; They make fast cars, but don't make fast fixes.:mad:
And, no matter what is said here on "our site" .... this stuff is not being overlooked by buyers of the 12C. I was at my dealership about two weeks ago, and some gentleman, a concerned potential customer, discreetly asked me about the bugs and glitches situation that he had read about on line. With the internet, bad news can spread easily; issues can no longer be hidden from the public. (I personally, like that).
As I've said before ... Why keep sending cars out the factory door with known issues .... it's dumb !

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To those of you who have also experienced the "black screen" problem:

I'm under the slight impression that it could have something to do with the/a USB stick/phone connected to the system through the USB port.

Is anybody of you using the system without a USB stick/phone connected to the port and still seeing the screen going black during driving ?

Just want to nail it down so it can be fixed sooner that later.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm not using that port. I'm also not experiencing any issues with that blacking out of the screen

·
Owner
893 Posts
I use the USB port solely to plug in a USB memory stick loaded with mp3 tunes that I downloaded from my computer ...... everything works, and the screen always works correctly.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Owner
893 Posts
Thanks LB, may I ask what size/make is your stick and how it is formatted ? (FAT32, NTFS)
McDc,
I'm not too good with that tech stuff. All I can tell you is that it is a "Sandisk Cruzer Facet" 8GB. I plug it into my computer and just drag and drop songs from my iTunes library. It holds about 2000 songs.:)
So far, no screen glitches.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had the 10.6 done today only for one reason, in the past sometimes the Radio would change stations randomly and I would have to turn off the system and restart it, but it was very random and so far so good with 10.6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts