McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got the original MP4-12C car cover?
Is the inside lined with a soft cloth?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The whole thing is soft cloth, more of a dust cover than weatherproof. It's lovely tho'

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Its very soft, easy to put on and a great dust cover! I don't use it enough - mainly B/C I wanna drive the car!

·
Registered
103 Posts
it came with my car and it's really nice and high quality.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I thought they came with every car (as did floor mats). Non-optional option as it were. ;)
Only with the 2013MY ..... It's now included as standard equipment. :)
Also ..... I always order and use the Superweave™ car cover from CalCar Cover .... it is far more dust and water proof than the ones that are supplied by auto manufacturers. Absolutely zero dust will penetrated this cover !! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's great yep but definitely not for outdoor use. Looks better than anything I've ever had on Porsches or Maseratis.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info; I thought that it was for outdoor use, also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the info; I thought that it was for outdoor use, also.
Sorry, I should add that no one at McLaren has said 'don't use it for outdoor use' but just looking at it versus the sunbrella I have for my Maserati and the outdoor cover I had from Porsche, it bears no resemblance to either in terms of the material used and seems akin to the indoor covers I have seen. You could always try I guess and sorry as this is probably not very helpful..........

·
Registered
36 Posts
You guys store your car outside? Ballsy
I've got a 'covered garage' below the house but the front is open as it's just the underneath of the house if you catch my drift. Keeps the sun and rain off at least. I keep the cars covered 24/7 when they not on the road. The biggest problem in Singaore is the bloody humidity which just eats into everything so unless you got an airconditioned garage which I would of course love to have............

It's completely nuts here, you're like 100 miles from the equator with either scorching sun or torrential rain yet around my office, all the guys don't want to use the underground parking because they want their 458s or Gallardos on show up top for everyone to see..... baking nicely in the sun..... with the leather fading..... but hey at least everyone saw my car!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got a 'covered garage' below the house but the front is open as it's just the underneath of the house if you catch my drift.
I've got the same situation; my garage is just missing it's front end ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've got the same situation; my garage is just missing it's front end ;)
That makes at least 3 of us then (but it's the rear I'm missing).

Fortunately, the car spends most of the working week parked 4 floors underground so it's exposure to the sun and sand of the Middle East is probably less than you'd expect. I've not yet taken the cover out of it's bag.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have a Macca cover for sale cost was 440 pounds offers wel one it is as new.
Hi Bruce - good to see you still look in on here from time to time.

Like you my cover has never been used, but seemed like a good idea when I ordered the car (memories of dropping a ladder om my Vantage and for the cost of the repair, a cover would have saved the damage).

So why don't I put it on?

Beats me!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Like you my cover has never been used, but seemed like a good idea when I ordered the car (memories of dropping a ladder om my Vantage and for the cost of the repair, a cover would have saved the damage).

So why don't I put it on?

Beats me!!
Me either, because I know I'll never be able to get it to fit back in the bag.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oh well as theres no interest I will get Janet to make some nice fleect Jackets ,keep one and put the rest on ebay - may even make a profit.

BTW 458 spider arrived this week - very different sound and drive to my 2 earlier coupes
Gave it the zymol treatment and have to say they have upped their game on the paintwork possibly as a result of pressure from Ron!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts