McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

As some of you may have seen, I am awaiting delivery of my car. Mine was not originally ordered with the factory car cover. Living in the Midwest, the car will be put to rest a good 4-5 months of the year. :(
I know some of you may have ordered, or purchased your car second hand which included a car cover. Just wondering if anyone has one that they never intend to use and would like to sell.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Mac, just an FYI, it's an indoor car cover. Kind of microfiber thing. Nice, but just making sure you know it's not for outdoors.

I have 2, but I rotate their use (have a spare for when I wash one).

Good luck.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Pm may not be working so sent another and copied here as not sensitiveHi mac ,I am in UK and have one, used twice in garage .cost 400 GBP what do you want to pay . It is totally unmarked, but would look silly on my Ferraris

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pm may not be working so sent another and copied here as not sensitiveHi mac ,I am in UK and have one, used twice in garage .cost 400 GBP what do you want to pay . It is totally unmarked, but would look silly on my Ferraris
Bruce,

Did not receive pm again. I will pm you now. Let me know if you receive mine! :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have two covers. Both used only a few times. Let me know if you want one for like $300 shipped to you.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Not an original McLaren cover. I have one as the guy who was buying it wasted my time.
If you want a proper one used twice and perfect mine is available.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Not an original McLaren cover. I have one as the guy who was buying it wasted my time.
If you want a proper one used twice and perfect mine is available.
There are a lot better car covers than the one the factory supplies for the car. I always order the Cal Car Cover SuperWeave custom cover for any new car I purchase. They are 100% dust proof (unlike the 'cheap' free factory cover, which lets dust filter through) plus you can wash and dry them in a home machine).
Of course, there are those who would rather have the factory labeled cover for the poseur factor ..... I'd rather have a cover with superior protection, rather than one for posing ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Funny this thread came up.

Does anyone have a pic of the car with the factory cover on it?

I much prefer the spandex type "car lingerie" type covers like the fezzas and have had several made for other Marques.

I haven't unwrapped my cover yet and was curious what it looks like on.

Strange affliction, I know...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Funny this thread came up.

Does anyone have a pic of the car with the factory cover on it?

I much prefer the spandex type "car lingerie" type covers like the fezzas and have had several made for other Marques.

I haven't unwrapped my cover yet and was curious what it looks like on.

Strange affliction, I know...
Not really Walt,we are beginning to get a picture of you now,Busty Austrians,super models,spandex. !!

What not to like,your among friends :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not really Walt,we are beginning to get a picture of you now,Busty Austrians,super models,spandex. !!

Yes, upon rereading some of my posts, one could get the wrong idea.

But like my old rugby coach used to say "...one can still be a gentleman."

But a good pickup nonetheless!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts

Should we also add to the things we know -- Drives his 12c as often as he can, but won't open his car cover for fear of impacting its value? :D

-nh4.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Should we also add to the things we know -- Drives his 12c as often as he can, but won't open his car cover for fear of impacting its value? :D

-nh4.
Well played.

I'm worried that Ronny didn't build in enough value for when I resell. After all, the ferrari covers sell for twice what they cost new!

And don't get me started on Porsche... They go on way under the 6:14 that it takes the mclaren cover to go on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts