1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
715 Posts
This is definitely the alarm, not a long, something-is-ajar beep.
The thing about the engine hatch is that the sensor will show that it's closed... For awhile. Then the tidal forces of the planets or something moves the hatch a nanometer and the alarm goes off. This happened to me more than once. Most notably on a parking deck at Yankee stadium. Right up front. The attendant called me and I had to come back while the Mac wailed its alarm to disarm the car. When I learned the proper way to close the hatch, fingers apart over the latches one push down and then another against the bumpers, I never had the issue. There was a sensor upgrade just before my car was delivered. So it may have something to do with your unpleasantness. But mine had the upgrade so it was user error in my case.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, today it wouldn't stop doing it. I would lock it, walk 5 feet, and it would go off. After trying various lock/unlock and start/turn offs, I eventually just got frustrated and left it unlocked in the driveway because it didn't do it if unlocked.

Seems fine after I drove it again for a bit. I really can't figure out what causes it. It's definitely a bug.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hmm, today it wouldn't stop doing it. I would lock it, walk 5 feet, and it would go off. After trying various lock/unlock and start/turn offs, I eventually just got frustrated and left it unlocked in the driveway because it didn't do it if unlocked.

Seems fine after I drove it again for a bit. I really can't figure out what causes it. It's definitely a bug.
I've been messing with the hatch a bit to see if I could make it happen. Only when it seemed closed and wasn't did it do it. I did however force a sensor fault for the boot hatch. Messing with it over and over and I get in and the exclamation point was on I checked the log and there it was.

Question, was the car level when this happened and when you locked it did the mirrors flip? Also the spider has the interior motion detector. I forgot if yours was a spider. If so try pushing the button on the door disabling it. On a different car I had a similar issue and it was a damn moth that was caught inside. About an inch across. Set it off like 6 times in a row before I saw it flutter off wondering what all the hubbub was about.

The modes, locked-asleep-awake-horny-not horny are a bit of a mystery to me. As the push of the ignition button sometimes doesn't give the expected result.

Wow that could be easily misconstrued.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts