McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, just got off the phone with a US dealer (who I will not name, yet) who has informed me that Canadians will soon "no" longer be able to import US McLarens into Canada????????? Is this another round of fascism in Canada, just like we had with Lamborghini a few years ago??????? What ever happen to capitalism and free trade??????? If this is correct, then I see no other person behind this than Pfaff!!!!!!! Protectionism is just another way of saying "dictatorship"!!!!!!!
If the Canadian "stealerships" are worried about sales, then they should go back to school and re-learn economics 101 - supply and demand!!!!! Lower the ****ing prices and maybe you will have more local sales to Canadians and not have to worry about people buying from the US where "true" capitalism exists!!!!!!!! Just Saying!!!!!
JP,

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I must say I've known that for awhile, yet someone has stated otherwise, all I hope is that they stick to their guns. We do not need to have inexpensive Mac's being imported up here from the States it just devalues are putt-putts. Cheers....??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I do agree with you about having the Mav devalued due to the importation of "market value priced" cars from the US, we can only blame our Canadian dealers for "over pricing" Canadian cars to begin with!!!!!! The only way for these "stealers" to wake and the smell the coffee is for them to burn in their own demise!!!!! In other words, don't buy from the "crooks" and eventually they will either become more realistic with their prices or pack up and close up shop!!!!!! I'm for fair pricing and don't get me wrong, I do buy all my cars in Canada, but not from "stealerships"!!!!!!!
I think the Mac was overpriced from the beginning, here and in the US by about $50K!!!!!
Cheers!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
While I do agree with you about having the Mav devalued due to the importation of "market value priced" cars from the US, we can only blame our Canadian dealers for "over pricing" Canadian cars to begin with!!!!!! The only way for these "stealers" to wake and the smell the coffee is for them to burn in their own demise!!!!! In other words, don't buy from the "crooks" and eventually they will either become more realistic with their prices or pack up and close up shop!!!!!! I'm for fair pricing and don't get me wrong, I do buy all my cars in Canada, but not from "stealerships"!!!!!!!
I think the Mac was overpriced from the beginning, here and in the US by about $50K!!!!!
Cheers!!!!!!
The only way the overprice thing becomes valid is if the car doesn't sell at its current price, which in turn could create a reduction in price. This does not seem to be the case currently in Canada, due to the monopoly that currently exists. Now south of the border seems to be a completely different scenario due to stock overages, brought on by initial delays and order cancelations. It's the old adage supply and demand which helps create these so called inflated prices. As a current owner I hope they stay high, so as to maintain a more respectable resale/residual value. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Come on Ken ...... Misery loves company.:D
Oh no LB I don't want any of that company. Cheers....??

My kids sent me this and they said it reminded them of me behind the wheel LOL??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372555079.619719.jpg

That's how miserable I can be when people don't drive according to the rules of the road. Oh yes I do speed, but I always signal which is fact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts