McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I live in eastern Canada and will be ordering my red Spider next week. I'm currently on holiday in Thailand and can't wait to return home to order my dream car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats !! Michel, you are from Quebec city ? You better show me the beauty !! :p From Qc too, Sillery exactly :)

DOHC

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey both of you guys are from my old stomping grounds, it's a beautiful city with one exception the roads. The Mac is ideally suited for those rough road conditions which are brought on by the severe winter weather and freeze thaw. Well Michel congrats on your future car and all the best driving it around la belle province. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats. Pfaff will treat you right.
You were right 6th, we met Horst and found him extremely kind and helpful. When I approached Ferrari Montreal a few years back, it was very different and not such a friendly and down to earth sales rep.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats !! Michel, you are from Quebec city ? You better show me the beauty !! :p From Qc too, Sillery exactly :)

DOHC
Thanks a lot dohc. I'm actually from Montreal but chose Quebec City as my new residence. Are you an owner?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey both of you guys are from my old stomping grounds, it's a beautiful city with one exception the roads. The Mac is ideally suited for those rough road conditions which are brought on by the severe winter weather and freeze thaw. Well Michel congrats on your future car and all the best driving it around la belle province. Cheers.....??
Thanks a lot extremeride22. I lived in Toronto for a year in the early 90's. Let's say that I won't do that again, LOL.

I went for a test drive last Wednesday. I was a bit disappointed by the paddle shifting compared to the Ferrari 458 Italia and how weird the brake pedal feels but it's still a fantastic and beautiful car. I placed an order on a red Spider, hoping for an August delivery.

I can't wait......

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Thanks a lot extremeride22. I lived in Toronto for a year in the early 90's. Let's say that I won't do that again, LOL.

I went for a test drive last Wednesday. I was a bit disappointed by the paddle shifting compared to the Ferrari 458 Italia and how weird the brake pedal feels but it's still a fantastic and beautiful car. I placed an order on a red Spider, hoping for an August delivery.

I can't wait......
Well I do love living here, as I love visiting Quebec City every year.

When I test drove the Mac back in November, never notice any issues with braking or shifting. Now that could be due to the overwhelming feelings of euphoria.

I had test driven the Ferrari 458 and don't get me wrong I enjoy the car, yet couldn't see myself owning one for numerous reasons. Which has been discussed on many occasions, yet the most profound reason was the attitude that the dealership exudes.

I can not and will not deal with a dealership or for that matter people that think they are above and beyond everybody else, in other words pompous, egotistical, self centered aholes. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
......yet the most profound reason was the attitude that the dealership exudes.

I can not and will not deal with a dealership or for that matter people that think they are above and beyond everybody else, in other words pompous, egotistical, self centered aholes. Cheers.....??
I could not agree more with you. The 458 is a great car and has a lot going for it. Of course so has the 12C. But I agree that the dealership makes a huge difference. Since I contacted McLaren Toronto over a year ago I've been in regular contacts with Horst, most of it initiated by him.

As for Ferrari most of the time they wouldn't even reply to my emails. This tells me that I probably wouldn't get as good an after sales service from Ferrari Montreal compared to McLaren Toronto. I can't judge for other provinces/ countries but this is how it is here. Mclaren seems to care a lot more about you than Ferrari does.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Labeille, glad to hear Horst is taking care of you. You'll find the rest of the staff and post sales service equally outstanding. Enjoy the wait.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Labeille, glad to hear Horst is taking care of you. You'll find the rest of the staff and post sales service equally outstanding. Enjoy the wait.
Thanks 6th. I'd rather not have the wait but eh, that's part of the process, the anticipation.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Labeille: Not an owner yet, just a lurker lol ! Lambo owner... :)
Well no problem then, when I get the car I'll PM you and take you for a ride :D
What lambo model do you drive?

·
Registered
15 Posts
labeille: was driving a Gallardo spyder, sold it a month ago. Now looking for another summer toy :)

Anybody knows if we can buy an MP4 from the states and plate it over here ?

DOHC :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
labeille: was driving a Gallardo spyder, sold it a month ago. Now looking for another summer toy :)

Anybody knows if we can buy an MP4 from the states and plate it over here ?

DOHC :)
Gallardo Spyder, nice. Why did you sell?

For importing a car, you need to check on the Canadian Border Agency website. I was considering that before I came back to live in Canada. With all the duties that you have to pay, I decided to abandon that idea.

Check the rules here:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html

You also need to check on Transport Canada website here:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-importation-usa-index-445.htm

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts