McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and does anyone know how much this will cost? I know even the first cars are only 2 years old now, but has anyone asked their dealer?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Already asked Andrew,yes they are sorting it I;m told,but its not needed yet for at least another year,i would think it will be along the lines of everyone else at this level.It has to be to make the car a viable competitor for people to aspire too.:)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I asked the question when I purchased mine, I was told a similar line to Andy.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
With regards to noone1's comment on McLaren Qualified cars, I was also told by a dealer (Greenwich, CT) that those warranties could be extended. I was told "for around $4000.00" for an extra year.

-nh4.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I was told by my dealer that I could get it close to the end of my warranty period but I'm wondering if the prices goes up year after year due to inflation so it might actually be better to get it now. Have you folks seen the prices for parts from McLaren...Insanity! I'd hate to have to pay for parts on top of labor outside of warranty!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was told by my dealer that I could get it close to the end of my warranty period but I'm wondering if the prices goes up year after year due to inflation so it might actually be better to get it now. Have you folks seen the prices for parts from McLaren...Insanity! I'd hate to have to pay for parts on top of labor outside of warranty!
On top of that, the lack of dealer support doesn't help either.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Was in Woking today and asked the question. I was told that the Waranty extension is in the works and will be announced sometime in 2014.

·
Registered
173 Posts
extended warranty availability

Was in Woking today and asked the question. I was told that the Waranty extension is in the works and will be announced sometime in 2014.
Has anyone received any information regarding the extended warranty referenced...?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
August,so I don't want to leave it till the last minute to weigh up my options
September for me....can't say i am looking forward to it but will be interesting to see where it is priced.... Was expressly told it would be extendable for a "reasonable price" some years previously so we shall see.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just bought a 12 and I had the warranty extended for an extra 6 month to cover full 2 years so yes you can but whatever you buy they make sure the amount of purchased warranty adds up to 2 years. I guess that's how they make their money. It's about $300 to $400 a month based on how many month you buy.

·
Smitten
285 Posts
I'm end of June. Daydreaming they'll offer a package deal to extend warranty alongside any tasty 2014 upgrades..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked my dealer and he said it could be extended for up to 10 years.. price depends on car condition

·
Registered
144 Posts
If the warranty cannot be extended in the US through Mclaren, does anyone know of any extremely reputable companies that might offer a 1,2 or even 3 year extended warranty. I know that I looked into this in the past with my porsche, but I have always been hesitant to use any of them due to discrepancies in where the work could and would be performed. Has anyone dealt with this "easy care" company, they do not list Mclaren as an option to insure

1 - 20 of 68 Posts