McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I saw a post with a pic of this part in Carbon fibre, can anyone point me to the post and/or tell me what this part is called ?
TIA

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, many thanks for the info..... next question where can I get a pair in CF, googling doesn't bring anything up ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
There was a thread here recently with a picture of a third party carbon door handle. I don't remember, which thread it was, but it was not long ago, maybe 4 weeks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a thread here recently with a picture of a third party carbon door handle. I don't remember, which thread it was, but it was not long ago, maybe 4 weeks.
Yes there was but I couldn't find the post either

·
Registered
616 Posts
Evolution Automotive and also Novitec sells those carbon fiber overlays for that piece. McLaren also supposedly actually has made that entire piece in CF as available with their track package. I've never seen a picture of one in the wild, only a promo picture from them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
765LT should have them - that is why the MSO aero bridge is way more than for the 720s ...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Evolution Automotive and also Novitec sells those carbon fiber overlays for that piece. McLaren also supposedly actually has made that entire piece in CF as available with their track package. I've never seen a picture of one in the wild, only a promo picture from them.
Think this is CGI and not a real car like many of the promo shots

·
Registered
306 Posts
MSO makes them in CF. I've seen them in person on a 570 that had the entire inner door cards and all in CF along with roof and rear bumper and every other exterior CF piece. Looked pretty sweet.

·
Owner
428 Posts
The installation would be a PITA.
There are two companies in China that make them.
The fitment seems to be 90%.
Best thing to do would be to source a couple of OEM spare pieces and do a carbon fiber overlay to match fitment perfectly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The installation would be a PITA.
There are two companies in China that make them.
The fitment seems to be 90%.
Best thing to do would be to source a couple of OEM spare pieces and do a carbon fiber overlay to match fitment perfectly.
Thanks for this, I was wondering just how good the Chinese version would be, at $800 it's fairly expensive so I thought it may be spot on but your overlay idea is a great option.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
That part definitely looks rather complex and It would seem like not being perfect could leave some pretty ugly gaps at the edges. Probably safer to overlay/wrap it.

·
Owner
428 Posts
That part definitely looks rather complex and It would seem like not being perfect could leave some pretty ugly gaps at the edges. Probably safer to overlay/wrap it.
Agreed. If you do an overlay, you can specify to have a weave that matches the McLaren weave - while it may not be super noticeable, it can make a big difference. McLaren carbon fiber also has a high gloss epoxy sealant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts