McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lady at the DMV forgot to check the box that our 12C meets Oregon Low emissions vehicle standards. Car was purchased pre-owned from McLaren SF, so previous owner obviously had it inspected when he registered it. If it is necessary, where would the California emissions sticker be located?

Any California owners please help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Open the glass hatch that covers your engine - on that hatch, lower left corner is the elusive sticker......

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open the glass hatch that covers your engine - on that hatch, lower left corner is the elusive sticker......
Found it, thanks. Pisses me off the clerk forgot to check the box, now I have to go back down to the DMV, wait in line, to fix this. Took a photo of the sticker. Can't believe no one that works there has any logic skills, telling me a car imported into California, 2012, does not meet California emissions regulations, OMFG!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Found it, thanks. Pisses me off the clerk forgot to check the box, now I have to go back down to the DMV, wait in line, to fix this. Took a photo of the sticker. Can't believe no one that works there has any logic skills, telling me a car imported into California, 2012, does not meet California emissions regulations, OMFG!
Mark,will a picture do?? You know what these power mad pen pushers are like if they can ruin your day!!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,will a picture do?? You know what these power mad pen pushers are like if they can ruin your day!!
Yes I know, just wanted to vent here, certainly will not be venting at the DMV, we always have the same gal each time we go and register a car there, she has always been very nice, just made an honest mistake. Just took me for a loop, since we have registered about 7 cars with her in the last 2 years.

She always wants to be the one to come out and see what new car we have purchased.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sounds familiar I had to go to MTO which is the equivalent to your DMV three times in one day last week. Waited in line for almost 1 hour to get all of my plate stickers updated, and the last one for my Mac was the problem. They wanted physical proof that my car was insured, well I didn't have the pink insurance slip on my person. So that meant finding a place near by where I could email the document and print it. Done, went back directly to the person in question, I got a lot of dirty looks. Low and behold the VIN # on the insurance slip did not match their paper work from MTO. Well back to square one, contacted my broker to get the document corrected, emailed and printed. Yes the third time is a charm, went back to see the same person, much to my dismay she wasn't there. Then all hell broke loose, I must admit it stirred up a lot of crap, I maintained my cool and fortunately the person who had taken care of me walked in. Talk about a lot of wasted time, another page in the book of life.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I did it again hit the send before completion, talk about fat fingers or what. If there are any errors I apologize I hadn't finish rereading and correcting the document. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it taken care of. When my 458 comes in, we will certainly make sure she checks the LEV box before we leave! :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts