McLaren Life banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
E do you have your order in at a dealer yet?
No won't be ordering one; however I might be interested in a Z06 or ZR1 version with flat plane crank.

Last Friday went and viewed the C8 at a local dealer — they had paint color options displayed on a wall, seats to look at, and steering wheel options to touch/turn, and marketing videos to watch listen to — think it was a good showing. I spoke with a few current Corvette owners, they seemed happy with the C8 and had placed orders prior to the viewing. Unfortunately the view vehicle seats could not be adjusted (disconnected) and so I was unable to set a driving seat position with a clear view over the wide dash and hood. No surprise the interior is targeted at current Corvette owners and although new and modernized had a somewhat 'familiar' Corvette feel — the exceptions being the long row of touch/buttons separating the driver and passenger seating areas and some unfamiliar door openers. Time will tell if Corvette can become the track car of choice in the USA — looking forward to owner and test driver reviews.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
So, I saw the new C8 at Laguna Seca last Saturday. I found it amazing and have already put my name of three dealer's list for an early car. I plan to keep my McLaren as it is one of the best cars I've every enjoyed but that new Corvette is beautiful and I will plan to use it as a daily driver. Looks like about $90k will set it up the way I want it. Not going to be a track car but instead a fun go to the grocery store car!

161 - 174 of 174 Posts