McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Bugatti was one of 2 that my client had ordered that just came in! Upon arrival the car looked to be in an amazing shape as I got there in the morning. But once I had the car prepped I brought it in and put the LED on the carbon fiber and there were holograms, deeper swirls, and sand scratches throughout! Being that the car was mostly matte white not a whole lot of correction was needed. But the clear coat for the carbon just in the hardness alone is the hardest clear I've compounded/polished on! Enjoy the photos.

Bugatti Sent It 's Own Cleaning Kit

Wash/Prep Process

Issues Within The Carbon

Compound/Polishing Process

Exhaust & Interior Cleaned Up

Final Shots

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
One thing I noticed is that the active rear wing on the Veyron has no exposed wiring, very clean design........the P1 Paris car had exposed WIRING on the strut n I've seen the same thing on the mules testing. hoping production P1 has clean design like the Veyron. though the internal workings for sure on each car are probably completely different.......just saying;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I guess I'm a minority of one in the universe, but I've never been a Veyron fan. It was conceived by a huge corporation to be designed by an engineering committee to go faster in a straight line than the F1 built by a comparatively small shop and designed by one man. The F1 won Le Mans and many other races. The Veyron has never won a professional road race and it never will. The 12C (wonderful car that it is) posted a faster lap time on the Top Gear track than the Veyron Super Sport at a fraction of the price and engine size. My guess is the P1 will absolutely thump the Veyron on any road course and possibly at all speeds up to 200 mph.

So from my perspective, when I look at the Veyron, I just wonder why?

Apologize for being a jerk and a heretic, but that's just the reaction I have whenever I see a Veyron. I've seen them in the skin, and it didn't change my opinion.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
One thing I noticed is that the active rear wing on the Veyron has no exposed wiring, very clean design........the P1 Paris car had exposed WIRING on the strut n I've seen the same thing on the mules testing. hoping production P1 has clean design like the Veyron. though the internal workings for sure on each car are probably completely different.......just saying;)
Not wiring - hydraulic lines.

Click to enlarge the above image and look closely - you'll see they have the 'Goodridge' arrow logo in white on the end.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not wiring - hydraulic lines.

Click to enlarge the above image and look closely - you'll see they have the 'Goodridge' arrow logo in white on the end.

>8^)
ER
Very observant NICE;)......is the Veyron a hydraulic mechanism too, if so why on it the lines are not visible. Though the P1 strut/lines system looks way more complex. Also with the hydraulic lines exposed to the elements on the P1 would there be a durability issue? thermocycling I would think affects the lines adversely? TIA for reply

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Very observant NICE;)......is the Veyron a hydraulic mechanism too, if so why on it the lines are not visible. Though the P1 strut/lines system looks way more complex. Also with the hydraulic lines exposed to the elements on the P1 would there be a durability issue? thermocycling I would think affects the lines adversely? TIA for reply
What I do notice about P1's wing is not only does it extend up & back, plus change angle of attack, but the whole wing (including struts) can move fore and aft, as shown below. Not sure if the Bug's wing does the same. Presumably, on the track, the P1's wing will move up and aft to increase rear downforce, all the while also adjusting AoA for braking, cornering and straightaways (i.e. more or less drag). Not sure if I'm making it too complicated, but if correct, to see the wing moving along all of these planes and axes simultaneously will be a sight, indeed! Plus, there must be some very interesting things happening with the underfloor flaps and perhaps the rear diffuser to balance it all out. Man, I can't wait for the official explanation of how it works.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
What I do notice about P1's wing is not only does it extend up & back, plus change angle of attack, but the whole wing (including struts) can move fore and aft, as shown below. Not sure if the Bug's wing does the same. Presumably, on the track, the P1's wing will move up and aft to increase rear downforce, all the while also adjusting AoA for braking, cornering and straightaways (i.e. more or less drag). Not sure if I'm making it too complicated, but if correct, to see the wing moving along all of these planes and axes simultaneously will be a sight, indeed! Plus, there must be some very interesting things happening with the underfloor flaps and perhaps the rear diffuser to balance it all out. Man, I can't wait for the official explanation of how it works.

That is some SERIOUS engineering:eek:

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Also with the hydraulic lines exposed to the elements on the P1 would there be a durability issue? thermocycling I would think affects the lines adversely? TIA for reply
6th covered most of it, but as for the exposure issues, hydraulic lines in automotive braking systems are generally exposed to some pretty harsh environments along with being relatively close to some of the hottest areas on the car. I think they will be fine.

>8^)
ER

1 - 11 of 11 Posts