McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh my.

From the pics it's hard to tell which one is the original spec.
Seems like a mighty fine job.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It looks great , but why ? if all is to be believed there are plenty of cars cluttering up US dealers. How much does a wrap like that cost ? what about the door edges and shuts ?

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks great , but why ? if all is to be believed there are plenty of cars cluttering up US dealers. How much does a wrap like that cost ? what about the door edges and shuts ?
3k cost. worth the difference in appearance to me.got about 15k break on purchase price
because of the BRG on this used car.

·
Owner
893 Posts
3k cost. worth the difference in appearance to me.got about 15k break on purchase price
because of the BRG on this used car.
Wow!! You must have saved a ton. It's extremely good for you, g-force :); but these dealers are killing our residuals with this stuff. I/O/W ... Big discounts on 2012 cars sitting on their lots, plus another 15k off due to an iffy paint color ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Hey g-force, your car looks great. I'm actually a big fan of rarer colors like racing green. I'm playing with the idea of getting one of these, but probably going to keep the R8 for at least one more summer.

Quick question. How did they create the rear bumper look? Is it a matte black layer of wrap over the orange (or vice versa?) Is it two separate, very precise layers with a small seam?

Just curious about it because I would definitely would want the HS look as well as that Revosport/SP HS front bumper. I'd also have no problem buying a less desirable color and wrapping it if it meant significant savings. Gotta love that these days you now completely change the color of cars for a few grand and have it look so good.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey g-force, your car looks great. I'm actually a big fan of rarer colors like racing green. I'm playing with the idea of getting one of these, but probably going to keep the R8 for at least one more summer.

Quick question. How did they create the rear bumper look? Is it a matte black layer of wrap over the orange (or vice versa?) Is it two separate, very precise layers with a small seam?

Just curious about it because I would definitely would want the HS look as well as that Revosport/SP HS front bumper. I'd also have no problem buying a less desirable color and wrapping it if it meant significant savings. Gotta love that these days you now completely change the color of cars for a few grand and have it look so good.
As far as i know matte black only applied. wouldnt make much sense time/materials
wise to do both?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
The right way to do it would be to fully wrap the rear bumper in matte black, and then lay the orange pieces on top of that. Then you don't have to worry about the vinyl meeting at a seam. Those orange pieces would be cut out on a plotter - I'm sure they have some software tools that make it easier than it looks.

>8^)
ER

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is there a noticeable seam? Do they curved areas show any lack of symmetry? It just seems like a somewhat complex shape to cut a wrap in and to meet up nice with another layer, then again, I don't really know how they create wrap cut-outs.
nothing noticeable to me! I don't know how they
do such a good job myself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts