McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a used MP4-12C and i have two questions.
1: The car has carbon ceramic brakes, how much do they wear on trackdays, how much is a set of new breakpads? My 458 Italia is driving me crazy with constant brakepad changes..
2: I want to fit the new sport-exhaustsystem, how much does this cost?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This is a direct quote provided by 6th element, and I do not want to take credit for it:
I pressed my dealer for cost and life expectancy before ordering CCBs. Apparently the North American Service Manager told him it will cost 5700 British pounds to replace all 4 rotors (all 4 pads 350 pounds) and should last approx 8,000-10,000 miles of heavy track use.

These costs are very competitive vs. Ferrari, Porsche, etc. although Corvette is much cheaper still for CCB.

As for the exhaust I'm looking at selling mine if you are based in North America? My exhaust is the sports version with the upgraded Stealth finish. Cheers...??

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yep that's the estimate I received way back when. Haven't tested the pricing with only a few track days on mine so far, but A-ok to date. We haven't heard much about guys wearing out CCB pads or rotors yet, maybe some of the euro guys that have had their rides longer?

Vs 458 I would say in your favour would be the Mac's lightness and the Air Brake distributing proportionately more braking force rearward, hence sparing the fronts. Arguing against I would say utilizing the Brake Steer excessively may add rear wear and also in general you are likely to be braking from higher MPH after most straights.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a direct quote provided by 6th element, and I do not want to take credit for it:
I pressed my dealer for cost and life expectancy before ordering CCBs. Apparently the North American Service Manager told him it will cost 5700 British pounds to replace all 4 rotors (all 4 pads 350 pounds) and should last approx 8,000-10,000 miles of heavy track use.

These costs are very competitive vs. Ferrari, Porsche, etc. although Corvette is much cheaper still for CCB.

As for the exhaust I'm looking at selling mine if you are based in North America? My exhaust is the sports version with the upgraded Stealth finish. Cheers...����
Thank you very much for that quick reply. The prices seems to be very reasonable.
How come you are selling your sport system?
I am based in europe btw.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So i finally managed to get a quote on brakepads from my dealer, 2.791Euro + VAT for all 4 corners.
Its a bit more than my 458 if i get the pads thru Ferrari.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts