McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered using a Braille battery in there Mac or any other high performance car. If so what are your thoughts, is there one in particular that you would use over another? Cheers.....??

·
Registered
83 Posts
We already have a lithium ion battery. Do you need a replacement? It should still be under warranty. The Braille Li - ion are fine as replacements but pretty expensive. For most Euro applications they are around $2000. They do save some weight (approx. 40 lbs.) though.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We already have lithium ion. Do you need a replacement? It should still be under warranty.
Hey nielsll yes I realize that the car comes with lithium ion battery, I'm just looking at ways to reduce weight in the car. I know it sounds insane, and I could always trim some weight off of my person, but I am a little nuts. Do you know what the current specs are on the Mac battery? Cheers.....??

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Honestly, with the complex electrics in this vehicle, the battery is the last thing I would want to mess with. 40 lbs is enticing, though. You go first and tell us what happens. :p:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Mac's battery has a data port on it that is connected to the car's electronics. Among other things it provides the data for the battery status display. The car can run without the connection but don't know what all would be affected by doing so.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'll have to find out what the guys at Pfaff Tuning have to say, or should I say Terrance. They'll probably think I'm nuts, which is partially true. LMFAO??. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Well I'll have to find out what the guys at Pfaff Tuning have to say, or should I say Terrance. They'll probably think I'm nuts, which is partially true. LMFAO����. Cheers....����
Will let you try this Ken,is it just the weight or are you partially sighted?:D:eek: and need to find it in the dark!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could only save weight by replacing the Mac's Li Io battery with one that has a smaller capacity. I would strongly suggest to not do so as the factory supplied is already on the very low side in terms of capacity.
McDc I will tread very lightly, no pun intended on this issue, currently waiting on input from the powers that be. Cheers....??

·
Registered
691 Posts
Considering the 12C's battery only weighs 8 pounds as it stands, saving 40 is going to be extremely difficult (and would result in fron-tend lift :) ). I'm certain that 40lb savings is compared to a standard wet-cell battery. Has anyone here seen the 12C Battery? I bet even if you have, you haven't. The thing that looks like a standard car battery is actually a case containing the Li battery. They used a standard housing so that if you were ever stranded anywhere, you could fit a standard battery to get home.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Considering the 12C's battery only weighs 8 pounds as it stands, saving 40 is going to be extremely difficult (and would result in fron-tend lift :) ). I'm certain that 40lb savings is compared to a standard wet-cell battery. Has anyone here seen the 12C Battery? I bet even if you have, you haven't. The thing that looks like a standard car battery is actually a case containing the Li battery. They used a standard housing so that if you were ever stranded anywhere, you could fit a standard battery to get home.
It's was just a thought and from the sounds of it not a viable one at this point and time. As previously mentioned I should just go on a diet which will save me a ton of money. LOL??. Cheers....??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts