McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent tons of hours deciding whether to buy a Mclaren . Pulled the trigger today. i have a 458 and have heard I will be disappointed in the sound.

Given this is a 2013 with the upgrades , I would be interested in what spider owners think of the sound. Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Don't own one, but every video I have heard of the Spider, the reviewers really love the sound with the top down. MP4 has a deeper sound too it, more like an American V8, still sounds nice, just different than an Italian V8.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I spent tons of hours deciding whether to buy a Mclaren . Pulled the trigger today. i have a 458 and have heard I will be disappointed in the sound.

Given this is a 2013 with the upgrades , I would be interested in what spider owners think of the sound. Thanks
Well if you don't like it, which I'm sure you will, like it that is you can always drive your 458. Two completely different sounds, and the sound is only a minor part of the total equation, if you are looking for the whole package you won't be disappointed in your purchase. Congrats and try and keep your grin to yourself when driving your new acquisition. Lol....Cheers.....??am back to a couple of pints.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It sounds great and I don't have the sports exhaust. I feel like there is a difference from the coupe. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Was told by my dealer that the spider exhaust is different from the coupe. Saw it and it does look different. He claims it is louder. Will be going for a test drive to find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts