McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys toyed with the idea of owning both? To those with both which do you drive daily and which would you like preserved(garage queen). I have the 720S owned since new and just wanted to get a 675LT as another Mac. The 12c though financially ok I would like the 675LT instead. My 720S is definitely a keeper so since the 675LT will be a used one, it will get the driving duties. Chime in please owners of BOTH cars?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ah, you mean owners of both the 720s and 675lt..not either/or as the title suggests.

Anyway, i really want a 675lt spider and am debating that against the new turbo s and 812 superfast. I am weighing the utility derived from having a new experience with the crazy fast and planted 6 cylinder boxer/evocative flat plane v12 vs an ICONIC mclaren that will also fulfill all my pure ICE ricardo v8 desires

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
40 Posts
Honestly you may want to rethink your thought process on this. Long term the 675LT will be more of the iconic dream car than the 720S. In all the other brands, Chevy to Ferrari and everything in between, the lower preforming 'special' car of a generation retains more value (both financial and emotional) than the higher performing common version of the later generations. There is absolutely no reason to believe McLaren will be the one outlier. And currently, your 720 will depreciate almost as fast with very low miles on it as it will driven miles (this is either a pro or con depending on how you look at it).

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Have any of you guys toyed with the idea of owning both? To those with both which do you drive daily and which would you like preserved(garage queen). I have the 720S owned since new and just wanted to get a 675LT as another Mac. The 12c though financially ok I would like the 675LT instead. My 720S is definitely a keeper so since the 675LT will be a used one, it will get the driving duties. Chime in please owners of BOTH cars?
ive often thought this, but as being only 1 person driving this type of car in my household and with limited free time and other time consuming hobbies, id rather just get 1 that I like best. Id never reach for the other keys....

·
Owner
521 Posts
I am super happy with my 720s but I think I will add a 675LT soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
From a pure driving perspective i believe a lot depends on the use the car gets.

A 720s is a better daily than a 675 but for some track use the 675 will be superior, although not ultimately as quick on lap times.

Personally I much prefer the more modern looks and style of a 600, particularly as I do many track days, currently mainly in my Lotus.

I have had both and still have a 720s which for me is the superior road car, particularly for regular use, but I do get why so many folks like 675’s, and undoubtedly they will hold their money better.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
720S is a better car/track use but the fancy for 675LT is the values have dropped where it makes more sense to the dollar to buy one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have both

·
Registered
57 Posts
I own both.

I have owned my 675lt for 2.5 years and my 720s for a year. I intended to trade my Turbo S and 675lt for the 720s but in the dealers office, I could not let go of the 675 and kept both.

Its the best looking Mclaren next to a P1 imo and you can feel the superior build quality vs other Super Series ime.

The 720s is much faster as has been written countless times and a much better daily driver. I drive the 720s at about a 3 to 1 clip over the 675lt.

That said, I would probably sell the 720s first if I decided to sell something.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I currently own both and echo what everyone else is saying. Although I don’t use either as a daily, the 720s is a much better everyday proposition. That said the 720s is soon being replaced by a 765LT, whereas my 675LTS will always remain in my stable. The 675LT is pure magic!!! I truly believe it will someday be considered among the great supercar classics like the F40 and CGT.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I currently own both and echo what everyone else is saying. Although I don’t use either as a daily, the 720s is a much better everyday proposition. That said the 720s is soon being replaced by a 765LT, whereas my 675LTS will always remain in my stable. The 675LT is pure magic!!! I truly believe it will someday be considered among the great supercar classics like the F40 and CGT. View attachment 207195 View attachment 207196
Add Countach to the 675lt
EDA5805B-D1AE-40BD-BAA6-434FC3C75543.jpeg

·
Registered
461 Posts
That said the 720s is soon being replaced by a 765LT, whereas my 675LTS will always remain in my stable. The 675LT is pure magic!!! I truly believe it will someday be considered among the great supercar classics like the F40 and CGT.

I've seen a few people say this, and I do wonder whether you will still think that when you have the 765LT, as it will eclipse the older LT in the areas where that car still beats the 720S (thrills and driver engagement).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great question. I’ve considered that myself. There is something about the 675 that just doesn’t get old. It’s just so well balanced in every single way. It’s powerful without being too much, at least for my driving skills, and just feels like a big go-kart. Seeing Chris Harris’ take on the 765LT, as well as seeing the auto sport times at Hockenheim makes me wonder if the 765LT has crossed that perfect balance line for anyone that’s basically not a true professional race car driver on a proper race track. I certainly hope not but it’ll certainly be fun finding out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Knowing that the 720s is superior to the 675LT except for the emotional value, I don’t want to get Buyers remorse lol!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey TopCarbon,

That line up gives me wood! Tell me about that Ferrari. More pics pleeeeeeease!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hey TopCarbon,

That line up gives me wood! Tell me about that Ferrari. More pics pleeeeeeease!!!
355 suspension
Larger carbs
Racing internals in the engine
Racing ignition system
Keeps up handles with 360s all day long
DDAC472E-1A4E-4C79-AC88-9C7CF3394C42.jpeg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts