McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a 12C but want to research repair options other than McLaren Boston.
Anyone know of any repair shops in the greater Boston area or New England?

·
Trusted Source for McLaren Performance
214 Posts
We are not a repair shop by definition since we are a performance R&D company. By which, I mean we reserve our bays for complete McLaren builds. However, we do have a shop in the NYC greater area.

If you find you need help with anything powertrain related, we may be able to help out.

Best of luck with the search!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a 12C but want to research repair options other than McLaren Boston.
Anyone know of any repair shops in the greater Boston area or New England?
I'm sorry if you've had issues in the past with dealerships, but is there any reason specifically you wouldn't want to service your vehicle with us?

·
Registered
2014 12C Spider
7 Posts
FWIW I picked up a 12C back in May. Live in RI so McLaren Boston is my closest dealer. They have been great to work with, never had any issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry if you've had issues in the past with dealerships, but is there any reason specifically you wouldn't want to service your vehicle with us?
I've actually had great experiences with dealerships. In this case it is more about the cost of repairs. My understanding, which might be incorrect, is that McLaren requires complete replacement of some sub-assemblies and components that can actually be repaired, most notably the gearbox. So I'm on the lookout for someplace that could do the work that McLaren might prohibit a dealer from doing.
Secondarily, I emailed McLaren Boston directly to ask some questions and did not get a reply, which added credence to the notion that McLaren isn't as focused on owners with earlier models.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've actually had great experiences with dealerships. In this case it is more about the cost of repairs. My understanding, which might be incorrect, is that McLaren requires complete replacement of some sub-assemblies and components that can actually be repaired, most notably the gearbox. So I'm on the lookout for someplace that could do the work that McLaren might prohibit a dealer from doing.
Secondarily, I emailed McLaren Boston directly to ask some questions and did not get a reply, which added credence to the notion that McLaren isn't as focused on owners with earlier models.
There has been recent changes to repairing sub-assemblies such as the gearbox that McLaren now supports. Previous to these changes part supply and repair info was an issue that we at the dealers had to deal with. Ultimately, if the vehicle is repaired at the expense of the owner, McLaren doesn't have the ability to prohibit how a repair is performed. We certainly put the customer and their interests first when it comes to vehicle service.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a response from one of us. I'm not sure which email you sent your questions to but we can always be reached at [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a great clarification. In fairness to you all in service, my question was to the head of sales. I'm trying to find out how much the trade in would be on a 2012 base coupe with Iris 1 and no significant options and between 25K and 30K miles. Those are the cars I'm looking at and I'm trying to find out what the spread is between asking price and what I could trade the car in for if I want to move up to a newer model.
Thanks for keeping the conversation going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts