McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my car sent to have update done, notice that the bonnet full closed has a big gap... anyone have this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Strange. Never seen that. On the sides it seems closed and in the middle looks open. Oeps

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I just had my car sent to have update done, notice that the bonnet full closed has a big gap... anyone have this issue?
It must have something to do with your bumper. Is this car new, I'm guessing the car wasn't like that when you dropped the car off. So something must have happen while in service, and it has to do with the bumper. That said I could be wrong but it's only one picture, that's pretty f..king upsetting if I may say so myself. I would get the dealership to correct the problem, that's far from being normal. Cheers....??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Dominic, didn't get to talk to you last night at the dinner... Hope all is well.
Could this be bumper deformation as time passes? I say this because I've noticed the panel gap between bonnet and bumper on my car has widened. I thought I was just 'seeing' things but everyone who has seen the car from day one also agrees the panel gap is much more noticeable now.
Not sure what it is but it seems its more common on early built cars?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have car 517, tons of miles, lives outside a lot - no issues like that. I would DEFINITELY call your dealership.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi sorry didnt get to talk to you! hope all is well. On the car Less than a 1k miles... Garaged... Still waiting for resolution on the problem...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
They have had a few problems with bumper deformation,and have had a new bumper mould ,but im not sure what causes it,mine had to be re-fixed because it was coming away at the lights,but it didnt need a new one,dealer will sort it:)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
OK, Serious question.......is it fully latched? My bonnet sometimes catches the latch but does not fully latch.

If it is fully latched then the bumper may be distorting or slipped/moved on it's fixings. My car is having a new bumper because it has distorted.

The dealer will have no question about it needing a fix!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, Serious question.......is it fully latched? My bonnet sometimes catches the latch but does not fully latch.

If it is fully latched then the bumper may be distorting or slipped/moved on it's fixings. My car is having a new bumper because it has distorted.

The dealer will have no question about it needing a fix!
ill know soon enough but pretty sure it was latched.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts