McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really any difference between the two but was just curious to see which one you guys would choose?

I may just have to get myself one of these in the summer when they are released. I'm swaying towards the M4 I think.

BTW - The video says 'Review' but it's just promotional.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I would go m3 ... I had m5 over m6 for example... am sure the 6 was marginally quicker...
For me the slightly more practical m3 would win... I did have an m3 coupe before and it was hardly impractical but what's not to like with extra doors and bigger back seats.... there's no significant saving of course like there was m5/6

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Nick, up untill a few months ago I had an e46 M3 convertible from 2003.... Yes it was dated when compared to the new...well... anything, but man was it a fun car! So, if it were me, I'd go M4 as I like the coupe look better. That said though, the M3 would compliment the 12c quite well.... Back seat if you're driving friends around or need to go to the grocery store, 12c for everything else :D

-Jamie.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick, up untill a few months ago I had an e46 M3 convertible from 2003.... Yes it was dated when compared to the new...well... anything, but man was it a fun car! So, if it were me, I'd go M4 as I like the coupe look better. That said though, the M3 would compliment the 12c quite well.... Back seat if you're driving friends around or need to go to the grocery store, 12c for everything else :D

-Jamie.
You and I are very much on the same wavelength Jamie ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
You and I are very much on the same wavelength Jamie ;)
Right on... It's a scary place to be :D

For a while the M3 was my only car. In the e46 convertible the rear seat is essentially useless. With good snow tires, it was OK in the winter, but certainly not great. Then I bought a house and quickly realized the M3 wasn't at all good for running to Home Depot to get, well, anything!

Since now I had a garage, I decided that when I got rid of the M3, I wanted to get something more exclusive, something like what I used to have on my wall when I was a kid. I also knew it would be hugely impractical as my only car... Given I had just bought the house, funds were tight, I wanted something less expensive, reliable, good in the winter, and something I wouldn't care about throwing a bag of dirt in. So I ended up at the total opposite end of the car spectrum... Toyota Rav4... It at least has a v6 if that's worth anything!

The reason I write all this is that it seems like we're in similar positions in wanting, and being nearly able, to join in the McLaren party. I've had the Rav for a few years, and honestly, it's a great car, and totally off the radar. Having it has made life a lot easier and I can be confident it's going to continue to do what I need it to for a long long time.

If I were looking now though it would be hard not to consider a pre-owned BMW X5-M, Porsche Cayenne, or maybe even the upcoming Macan.

My 2 cents for whatever it's worth!

-Jamie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts