McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have most things working correctly in regards to settings, except the iPhone
Bluetooth. I can do everything OK the only problem is that nobody can hear me when I’M
talking back to them?????
I CHECKED the MUTE and it’s off
It must be something;
If anyone might have a suggestion to try please let me know.
Thanks
Steve
PS; Its a 2013 Spider

·
Administrator
2,740 Posts
I have most things working correctly in regards to settings, except the iPhone
Bluetooth. I can do everything OK the only problem is that nobody can hear me when I’M
talking back to them?????
I CHECKED the MUTE and it’s off
It must be something;
If anyone might have a suggestion to try please let me know.
Thanks
Steve
PS; Its a 2013 Spider
Try deleting the IPhone and then re-pairing it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried it twice to no avail
It’s baffling that everything works except my return voice

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If i can hear them fine wouldn’t that indicate the mic is working???
Nope. My guess is it's a software glitch. Have you tried powering down the car and rebooting the system (push the main IRIS nob and hold it for about 10sec).

If that don't work, it sounds like it might be a software glitch or maybe even a mic/hardware problem and might need a visit to the dealer. They likely can fix it easily.

That said, do you have another phone you might try pairing, just to rule out it's not the mobile device?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have same problem with iPhone 6 -- pairs fine, I can hear them, but they can't hear me. Also a '13 convertible. Dealer says would have to upgrade to new IRIS to get it to work. Unbelievable, as my '11 Audi works fine with iPhone 6 (and I imagine so does every other Bluetooth enabled car from a major manufacturer).

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have same problem with iPhone 6 -- pairs fine, I can hear them, but they can't hear me. Also a '13 convertible. Dealer says would have to upgrade to new IRIS to get it to work. Unbelievable, as my '11 Audi works fine with iPhone 6 (and I imagine so does every other Bluetooth enabled car from a major manufacturer).
I've never understood this complaint. When people call me while I'm driving my 12C, the only thing I need them to hear from me is "Sorry, I'm not available to take your call right now. Please leave a message."

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,257 Posts
I've never understood this complaint. When people call me while I'm driving my 12C, the only thing I need them to hear from me is "Sorry, I'm not available to take your call right now. Please leave a message."
I totally can appreciate this point of view, but really disagree for myself. The car is an 'every day supercar' and daily driving requires the mundane to work too. I also disagree with those that think the only music they need is the VROOM of the engine. Well, I understand that's what works for them, but I love music and it makes driving all the more fun for me. Especially on long road trips.

Considering how much of the car they got right, I see no reason to let them off the hook on the infotainment.

Actually, what was promised in 2011 wasn't that it would just work as well as a decent infotainment like in a honda civic, but that it would be special and actually make your enjoyment of the car greater. The never delivered trackback. The split screen controls (which Tesla got right) and can only be seen in early IRIS brochure shots. All really great stuff. And at least the old time owners have some reasonable sour grapes on this. Newer owners have a bit of 'beware of IRIS' knowledge, but still, I just don't see why we wouldn't hold them to that higher standard.

And I think they still can get there...but I've stopped holding my breath.

Although I'm going to the Woking at Phili boffin meetup on the 8th, so I'll be bringing a long list of things that need work for discussion.

Anyone else going?

·
Registered
374 Posts
This happened to me the first day I paired my iPhone 6 plus.. no one could hear me. I deleted the pair from the phone and mclaren.. I restarted phone and then rebooted mclaren IRIS system by holding button down

worked afterwards

·
Registered
242 Posts
My Bluetooth using iPhone 5 and 6 was/is rock solid; no issues. My only gripe is the FM radio, it is pitiful unless you are sitting on top of the broadcast towers. I was told there is not enough antenna...

I use my iPhone for XM/Sirius (have subscription with unlimited data) and when I want digital audio, I turn on my hotspot. Buying the sat radio option has very little ROI for me. Easily switches between audio, phone calls, etc.

My two cents,

Christian

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Ah, the wonders of McLaren electronics........

·
Registered
807 Posts
What's this "bluetooth" crap? Is that the thing where you let people not in the car with you distract from the driving experience? That sounds awful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm having the same issue, others can not hear me clearly. Had the car in for service and everything is up to date.

Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm having the same issue, others can not hear me clearly. Had the car in for service and everything is up to date.

Is there a fix for this?

I have the same problem,i opened a thread for that last week,but nobody seems to be able to help,it is a Huawei smartphone,all Bluetooth system works,except that they can not hear me on the phone when i answer.I went to Mc Laren and they said i have to leave the car for one or two days,must be the microphone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My galaxy note 8 connects to my non nav system in my 2013 spider. I can hear people but it has a slight crackle. People say i sound like Darth Vader. When i switch to speakerphone, people say they can hear me so clearly afterwards. Doesn't play music over Bluetooth, only phone call.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I let the car 3 days to Mc Laren Brussels to fix that problem,they told me that they replaced the mic,when home i connect my smartphone......same shit!!
Everything works perfect,but people continue to not hear me.What the f..k!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts