McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes. Hopefully that's under warranty just spent 6k on annual maint and replacing intakes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well already drove it around manhattan didn't notice till i came back. Called mclaren in long island ill see if they can send a flat bed.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
well already drove it around manhattan didn't notice till i came back. Called mclaren in long island ill see if they can send a flat bed.
Well if there was no high temperature warning then probably not a serious problem. The clamp hose leak is normally a slow leak.

·
Owner
538 Posts
Yup, that is definitely coolant.
I had the same issue with my 650s and tighten up the clamps - they just become loose. Check how much you have left in the reservoir and add as needed. You can do a mix of distilled water and coolant, but definitely get it to the dealership to get it addressed. Keep an eye on coolant temperature.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Temp was fine. I won't touch it I will have them flat bed to dealership and fix this (need to get rim chips repaired anyway)

Also thinking about trading this is 2018 Mclaren 720S Azores Orange for a 720S 2020 Spyder. Was thinking that new blue or Azores Orange again. What do you all think Spyder vs Coupe?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Yeah Temp was fine. I won't touch it I will have them flat bed to dealership and fix this (need to get rim chips repaired anyway)

Also thinking about trading this is 2018 Mclaren 720S Azores Orange for a 720S 2020 Spyder. Was thinking that new blue or Azores Orange again. What do you all think Spyder vs Coupe?
I m a coupe guy ... and i still think it looks better, even if a lot of ppl here seem to think different now

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
5,760 Posts

I am happy with the 720S coupe — but others have made the switch to spider. eg

Blue and/or Orange look great on McLarens — but so do most colors! So choose what makes you happy.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Prefer the coupe doors and roofline but if you like open top, the spider is pretty fantastic. Not sure what you got into the 720S but some of the trade-in pricing I heard once spiders started showing up, coupe > spider made no sense. I think more 720S Spider buyers came from 650S/570S than 720S coupe for this reason.

As coupe prices level off (which they have now) and spider prices drop, which they will if they haven't already, the trade might be reasonable enough to consider. In a year or so, I doubt the price differential will be much more than the original difference in MSRP.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Is there a way to check the coolant levels with the sensors or dash in car?
No not from inside car. You would need to open the rear service cover to check the coolant level. In the tool kit bag there is a allen key for removing 2 screws at the rear of the service panel which allows access to the motor. There is an explanation on page 1.8 of the user manual.
The coolant filler tank is located on the left (blue cap). The coolant level should be at the top of the + marker. See page 6.4 of user manual. You may be able to find Valvoline Zerex G48 which is already diluted correctly at a local store. Otherwise you will need to buy the Mobil concentrate from McLaren dealer. https://www.mclarenboston.com/store/product/mclaren-specified-coolant/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It happened when I drove is sport mode, been driving in comfort, and then soon as i spent a couple hours in sport, that happened overnight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I had the air intakes that cool the breaks under the car replaced they were 1200 each. Also had them stop the vibration in the door.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Oh I had the air intakes that cool the breaks under the car replaced they were 1200 each. Also had them stop the vibration in the door.

Vibration in the door should be under warranty ? why did you need to replace those air intakes ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They were broken, i guess from driving in manhattan.

They said the vibration wasn;t under warranty. I have the invoice somewhere i can upload it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts