McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any leads on left over 2012's? Any input would be much appreciated. Color not a major concern. Would like sport exhaust, stealth, carbon interior, black wheels, meridian. Ceramics, alcantera, white or black exterior, some carbon exterior bits, all icing on the cake.
Also any feedback on market value.
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'd start here:

http://www.retailers.mclaren.com/

Then you have to use the info in the list to google for their dealer site and go and search for inventory. Here's a few I found:

New:
http://www.millermotorcars.com/2012-mclaren-mp4-12c-c-1084.htm?searchtype=bymm&make=MCLAREN&model=ALL&type=ALL&bodytype=ALL&

Low Mileage Used:
http://www.lfsc.com/2012-mclaren-mp4-12c-c-562.htm?
http://www.lfsc.com/2012-mclaren-mp4-12c-c-570.htm?
http://www.mclarennb.com/used-Newport+Beach-2012-McLaren-MP412C-Coupe-SBM11AAA1CW001455

The above doesn't include the Collection in Miami nor the San Francisco McLaren dealer as I couldn't readily find their sites, but you could just call and see what they have.

So seems that the new 2012 inventory has dropped to maybe one car left in the country!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
BTW, I see the 2014s have started to arrive, so soon we'll be talking of left over 2013s. I'm partial to the coupes and the swipe door myself, but I suspect if you wait another month or 2, there will be good deals on the 2013s as well.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, thank you!
Let the search begin, I really like the white one! I will call tomorrow.
Neelan

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Keep in mind the cars have gotten better over time with more experience building them and further developments of things you won't always see on the surface. A lot of that can be captured with an upgrade to the latest software version but you might be better off looking for a new 2013 instead of a leftover first year car.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hey, did anyone notice the mclaren badging on the silver car at new port beach? It has mclaren badging by the rear wheel well. I've never seen that before. Is that a dealer add on or some MSO thing?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Keep in mind the cars have gotten better over time with more experience building them and further developments of things you won't always see on the surface. A lot of that can be captured with an upgrade to the latest software version but you might be better off looking for a new 2013 instead of a leftover first year car.

>8^)
ER
Agreed. To that end, 3 of the 4 cars above are 1400-1750 range. The 1750 range car ( the new one) is basically 10-20 cars off from the 2013 model.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Hey, did anyone notice the mclaren badging on the silver car at new port beach? It has mclaren badging by the rear wheel well. I've never seen that before. Is that a dealer add on or some MSO thing?
Pretty sure it is just a decal.

>8^)
ER

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Agreed. To that end, 3 of the 4 cars above are 1400-1750 range. The 1750 range car ( the new one) is basically 10-20 cars off from the 2013 model.
Would it be safe to say then, that 2000+ range is a 2013 model and therefore will not have the swipe? (I love the swipe!)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yes. I forget which thread, but someone in the forum had narrowed the 12/13 range to somewhere between 1740-1780 or so.

Actually, the car above probably narrows the range of know cars and is right on the cusp of 2013. If I remember correctly, 1800+ are 2013s, and correct, as such, do not have the swipe.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it's the one at Lake Forest ask for Nick - the owners son and who i got my Mac from.

Feel free to mention my name - Doug in St Louis.
Doug,
Thank you! Will do.
I may also contact my Dallas dealer (100 miles away) and have them start looking for 2013's as well. Not sure how it works with Mclaren, my experience with other car brands (much cheaper ones), the dealers are able to search nationwide inventory and swap amongst themselves. I'm a little nervous about getting a car from far away, as I I think local dealers have a bit more incentive to keep you engaged as they have more than just a one time sale at hand, meaning revenue from services etc. Maybe I'm paranoid.
I can't wait to find the right car for me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

>8^)
ER
Erik,
Good to know.
Any specifics come to mind?
Regards,
Neelan

·
Registered
886 Posts
Everyone knows that the 2012 is THE model year to have, get the full updates and you are good to go with the magical swipe. :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What are your top 3 colors? I personally prefer swipe over non swipe BUT I would look for the highest VIN car that meets your needs

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I bought my car earlier this year, I was told that dealers are prohibited from advertising new cars online; do what I did and call every single dealer in the country (it won't take that long!), and ask what they have available and they'll tell you (and send you the sticker + photos of the car without much fuss at all). Good luck in your search! Send me a PM when you finish your rounds, would love to know exactly how many 2012's are left at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Doug,
Thank you! Will do.
I may also contact my Dallas dealer (100 miles away) and have them start looking for 2013's as well. Not sure how it works with Mclaren, my experience with other car brands (much cheaper ones), the dealers are able to search nationwide inventory and swap amongst themselves. I'm a little nervous about getting a car from far away, as I I think local dealers have a bit more incentive to keep you engaged as they have more than just a one time sale at hand, meaning revenue from services etc. Maybe I'm paranoid.
I can't wait to find the right car for me.
I agree for other companies but for Mclaren.

Mclaren plays a big role at the service department level unlike other exotics.

No car is left behind.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts