McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Eurocharged in Orlando. Full disclosure, I've never personally used them but I have a friend with a tuned Audi that swears by them. They have a tune for our platform.

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
171 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Everyone knows Excell Racing in Boca the best setup. Rob and Jay Tune to exactly what customers desire 720/600/570/MP4/650/675. Not using someone else's tune out of California. They custom make exhaust to fit perfectly. Anyone else in Fl tune the TCCU as well? Only Excell. The numbers do the talking. Save yourself the time and go straight to the best Service Center | Excell Auto Sport and Service | United States. Call Rob 561-654-4674

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is key. If it is some canned tune, go somewhere else no matter what car you are tuning.
exactly. If you need to go back to stock quickly, put orig OEM parts back or if you want more fire or less backfire pops. The one size fits all can work but why not have it done where you can watch or dictate just what you want. I’m not saying the canned tunes are bad. Just that I take comfort in knowing if I had an issue. I have a solution and those guys are passionate about their work.

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
171 Posts
Our calibrations are on all of the fastest stock ECU McLarens in the world and we provide a program, M-Tuner, that can read and clear faults, OBD flash, high speed logging, display live data, & dyno mode. Our Calibrations also come with live map switching so you can change between up to 8 different maps for octane, pops and bangs, E85, etc... with the engine running (really it is a max of 255 map slots but nobody needs that many). M-Tuner allows us the ability to dial in McLarens around the world remotely. Far from just a "CAN" tune, but I understand where you are coming from because we spend much of our time educating customers on the difference. We also battle against this everyday in McLaren and in Porsche.

We may be in California, however the remote logging and OBD flashing allow us to diagnose mechanical issues that may crop up and send a file you can flash yourself in the comfort of your own home. Or help direct you towards where a mechanical issue lies. With full logging of every pressure sensor, knock correction, airflow reading, temp reading in the ECU as well as individual engine roughness monitors we can quickly and decisively tell you if you have issues such as a misfire (and point you towards the correct cylinder), boost leaks, low octane fuel, etc...

Hope this helps clear up a few things as to how we are different than a traditional "Can" tune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many, many people have their car remote tuned too. They use someone else's dyno and the tuner remotes in and adjusts the tune or logging as Dyno Spectrum suggested too.

For me, I prefer drive tuning instead of dyno tune.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Many, many people have their car remote tuned too. They use someone else's dyno and the tuner remotes in and adjusts the tune or logging as Dyno Spectrum suggested too.

For me, I prefer drive tuning instead of dyno tune.
Agreed, I have friends that are happy with their setup. I've been in racing a long time and I probably have a "if it can go wrong it probably will" mentality so tuning my baby was a big deal for me. All I can share is my experience that working with these guys has been a great experience. They have a passion for fast things like we all do and honestly .. its been fun. The never "Sell" its always been what do you want and best of all ..no kick in the nuts when the bill arrives. One Friday I had a Mclaren tech issue (faulty part) not related to any performance work and a big weekend in Miami planned with the car. They had a flatbed at my house picked up car and worked late to get it sorted for the weekend. Its just such a pleasure to not be let down nowadays ...customer service . Sounds like the DS guys have the same mentality . Anyone has any questions feel free to DM me

·
Registered
77 Posts
Everyone knows Excell Racing in Boca the best setup. Rob and Jay Tune to exactly what customers desire 720/600/570/MP4/650/675. Not using someone else's tune out of California. They custom make exhaust to fit perfectly. Anyone else in Fl tune the TCCU as well? Only Excell. The numbers do the talking. Save yourself the time and go straight to the best Service Center | Excell Auto Sport and Service | United States. Call Rob 561-654-4674

i've literally never heard/seen anyone with an Excell tune..

·
Registered
38 Posts
i like how he said "everyone knows excell is the best"

give me a break..
I AM IN PART OF THE LARGEST SOUTH FLORIDA RALLY GROUPS, FASTLIFE AND SIGNATURE (were talking HUNDREDS of members total), AND NOT A SINGLE PERSON I KNOW HAS ANYTHING EXCELL RELATED, EXCEPT MAYBE 1 OR 2 BOUGHT A CAR FROM THERE BUT THATS ABOUT IT LMAO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
haha.
Just followed you on IG. Beautiful ride brother.
Thanks man....and to be 100% truthful about the work and tuning done in South Florida, is 1k Motorsports in Naples/Fort Meyers. The owner overlooks every exotic car being worked on, they test everything properly before giving it back to cusomers, and I can honestly say I have my car done fully by them and 1 year and 10k+ miles later, no issues. Same with a BUNCH of people I know so its not just me saying this, A lot of us go there as our like "hidden Gem" so to speak. Owner is super cool and they are extremely reasonable on pricing. They don't overcharge and under deliver like MOST of these bigger name places in Miami and such who blow car engines and try their hardest to hide it from social media etc...a TON of shady shit in this business that he average car dude who just wants to go faster has NO CLUE about.

·
Registered
77 Posts
that is good to know. Looking to join the mclaren game very soon. I do hope there is someone down this way (independent) that can do work as well. All we have i believe is the collection and MPB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts