McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Stealth MP4-12C yesterday evening and today was my first day with it. What a great day and an awesome car!!

I traded a Rossa Corsa Ferrari F360 so I'm used to people gawking at the car, but what an impression with the MP4 - practically stopped traffic at my beach-side suburb on the way out to drive a bit and get used to the car.

I thought I'd go to a nearby place I know where the roads are good, wide and traffic-free on a Sunday. So on the way a police pursuit car comes up behind me and follows me all the way. I'm doing my best to stay within the speed limits, indicate etc, but still, on come the lights and he pulls me over. He does a breath test, checks my licence and then says he just pulled me over to check out the car.

We have a bit of a chat and I tell him I was just looking for a place to try out some of the cars settings and features including the Launch Control.

He then says "you didn't hear it from me", but go up to another particular area's roads, there's no police up there today - have fun and don't crash - How cool is that!!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
That's exciting dokken, congrats on your new acquisition and may you have many, many miles of exhilarating enjoyment out of that beautiful baby. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are they allowed just to pull you at will? At least over here they have to have a reason, or so they say ;-)
Yeah.... I think here in Oz they can just pull you over. They usually give you a breath test and check your license. I think the police cars have GPS so they can get asked why they stopped at a certain place, so they check a couple of things and then check out the car.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That sucks! I was pulled not long back in my X-Bow for, are you ready for this? "Excessive acceleration" LOL I asked the Rozzer if I was breaking any law (I wasn't) and after a chat about the car I went on my way. Guess I could have kicked off over it, but as the old saying goes, "You can't beat town hall"...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts