McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
At the moment it is a dead heat for white, Volcano Red and yellow (all with black inner panels). They are the only colours I have seen.

Forget black and pink.

Silver will be good, no doubt as will Volcano Orange, Royal Sparkly Blue and Guards Red.

Seal grey will be OK but the P1 curves need to come out hence forget the blacks and darker greys.

Hope that helps, if you want me to accompany you, as a sounding board, at the MPC then I promise to be quiet unless spoken to:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm thinking Ice Silver.

The blue tinge makes the body feel as it's a sheet of cloak that's been dropped on a floating ghost.

Also, a tad nostalgic, but I think a few 90's colors that were vogue on the F1 like velvet, light blues, and silvers would work with a modern reinterpretation. A deep triple layer sheen, slightly brighter to reflect the sprite-like feel of the car, would be a beautiful contemporary nod to its predecessors.

The majestic Mediterranean Azure blue, my personal F1 favorite color, might be perfect if brightened up.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Have you considered the frontal area (the smile) n side mirrors in body color. That volcano yellow is the bomb. Man does that look good. Good luck with it!.......maybe the B pillar in body color also. Some of the prototypes had the camo on the B pillar. Wonder how it would look painted

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
nothing, bare carbon... :D actually I don't know I like all colours, P1 doesn't look bad in a range of colours, apart pink

·
Registered
769 Posts
Are there many renderings without the carbon 'aerodynamic' panels? I'd really like to see it in a few colours without the contrast to see what it was like.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
would it look something like this? :p

original photo credits to speed hunters obviously, I was looking for a more real life set of images i.e lighting and room temperature to work on so I used these

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Are there many renderings without the carbon 'aerodynamic' panels? I'd really like to see it in a few colours without the contrast to see what it was like.
I haven't seen anything as of yet scottishxj220, and highly unlikely that will happen. The only way to truly appreciate the lines on this car is through these contrasting colours. Now that you've brought it up, it would be interesting to see especially in a bare carbon finish, a La Pagani. Cheers....??

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I haven't seen anything as of yet scottishxj220, and highly unlikely that will happen. The only way to truly appreciate the lines on this car is through these contrasting colours. Now that you've brought it up, it would be interesting to see especially in a bare carbon finish, a La Pagani. Cheers....����
look back on the long P12 thread they're some in there

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Of all the various renditions that have been done, what is the best color combination on a P1?
The blue-hues shared by Peloton25 (among others) truly "pop" on the P1.

I think an F1-roadcar'like light metallic silver w/ some depth (pearl? mica? flake? all-of-the-above?) & special "effect" (iridescent) to it would be show-stopping.

There is a new Mercedes Benz paint-finish, Magno Polar Silver, which appears matte-like from some angles (shadowy) & gloss-like from other vantages (glowy). But, the true effect comes in different lights where it gives off a subtle spectrum/iridescent like effect.

I'm sure MSO can mix'up a similar batch! That'd be my selección... :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The blue-hues shared by Peloton25 (among others) truly "pop" on the P1.

I think an F1-like light metallic silver w/ some depth (pearl? mica? flake? all-of-the-above?) & special "effect" (iridescent) to it would be show-stopping.

There is a new Mercedes Benz paint-finish, Magno Polar Silver, which appears matte-like from some angles (shadowy) & gloss-like from other vantages (glowy). But, the true effect comes in different lights where it gives off a subtle spectrum/iridescent like effect.

I'm sure MSO can mix'up a similar batch! That'd be my selección... :D
Probably MSO charge of $62K ala 918 liquid metal finish;):eek:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
look back on the long P12 thread they're some in there
Really I didn't see any, were they actual cars or just renderings. By the way I am blind and yes I do wear glasses so that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. So Drifter please show me the way to these beautiful cars of which you speak. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Having seen the yellow one and orange one essentially side by side, and although it pains me to admit it ( being a VO owner myself) the yellow on the P-1 kicks ass! Plus, of course, in the future all of us anoraks will be able to say " ah yes, the Geneva show color" when we see your car!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts