McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends: I make no secret of my love of Bernie. Hell, when I grow up I want to BE Bernie. But Mr. E has got himself in a real pickle with the German Federal prosecutors. Here's a link to the Wall Street Journal article with what I believe is the latest info. Let's all hope he dodges this or Lewis, Kimi, and Fernando will be pedaling BMX bikes around the F1 tracks.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204755404578099000597323068.html

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
One rumor is that Bernie is selling out to our friends from news international. I guess they could then hack into the drivers' phones and start filling the papers with crap about their personal lives.....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm overwhelmed by the outpouring of support for the F1 Supremo. Oh well, another squandered posting.

Sorry Bernie: I did my best to start a groundswell of support for you, but I guess it's lonely up there sometimes when you are a billionaire.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I might have a comment if I could read the article, but it seems to only be available to WSJ subscribers. I don't like that other billionaire, Rupert Murdoch, and refuse to give him any of my money.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
A guy in our local bar in Houston was a mechanic for Jim Clark and is a long time friend of Bernie's, having wrenched with him back in the day. He reckons he's a top- class guy, and in fact Bernie contacted him when he knew he'd be in Texas - doesn't sound like the Bernie we all "know and love" does it?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
So what you are saying is that there is still a human element about Bernie? :D

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
A guy in our local bar in Houston was a mechanic for Jim Clark and is a long time friend of Bernie's, having wrenched with him back in the day. He reckons he's a top- class guy, and in fact Bernie contacted him when he knew he'd be in Texas - doesn't sound like the Bernie we all "know and love" does it?
Did he contact him because he still owes Bernie money? :p

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys in local bars are always a good source of reliable information. One of them sold me a bridge once. :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
My oh my oh my! What a bunch of cynics we McLaren fanatics have become! Where is the softer, gentler, caring side I used to know on this forum?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
It's still here, but come on - we are talking about Bernie.

>8^)
ER

1 - 11 of 11 Posts