McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended this event last year with the Porsche club and have been approached by the organiser if any Mclaren owners would be interested in attending this year (I'm booked already)
The show had a massive number of visitors and had quite a few great bonuses in attending..
All owners have access to the private drivers lounge, where refreshments were available throughout the day, including some light snack at breakfast and lunch - at no cost to those displaying their vehicles. Also included was entrance to the motor museum (where there is an excellent James Bond exhibition) entry to the cars a Star collection and the Top Gear collection (correct at the time).
On top of that, there was a demonstration of various supercars launching down the Beaulieu Straight! a section of tarmac that allowed a short sprint from the cars for the public to hear and see the cars being used in anger :D
Finally a display of the finest cars judged by the lord himself in front of the main house.

I've copied the email below for those that may be interested..
Needless to say it was a great family and supercar day out.:)

Lord Montagu of Beaulieu
Invites

to attend the
Supercar Showdown

with your vehicle
at the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu on Bank Holiday Monday 26 August, 2013
RSVP to Andy Ollerenshaw, John Montagu Building, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire SO42 7ZN
tel: 01590 614614 email: [email protected]

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If enough people are interested in the day, then the organiser has offered to rope us off a seperate area to the side of the main ring.
Not that its the end all- but it's free entry for drivers and passengers with the invitation :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone thought about this event?

Just sorting my overnight out and wondered if I would be a lonely 12C visitor?
I guess if you've been to the museum recently before then it might not appeal, but it's a wonderful experience if you've not been for a few years.

They are also doing some short runs up and back down the road for visitors to watch the cars in action.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've just had my place confirmed for this years event.
An extended bit of road for the quick runs this year for those interested in that part of the event.

The organiser has said there is places available for McLaren owners for this event.
It is free entry to the whole event including the excellent museum and gardens.
Along with that there is light refreshments provided for display owners throughout the day.

Contact details and website are the same as those previously posted...
I've just secured some nice accommodation in the area and apart from the Mrs wanting to visit the Spinnaker, it should be a super Bank holiday event. :D

Confirmed F1 booked in and myself at least for the McLaren fan club (no idea of chassis number)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts