McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets keep it in one place and get it off our chest's, Its meant to have a cleansing effect unburdening the soul :D:D:D:D:D

Some people take life to serious, lighten up and chill out

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I like Ferrari. Good cars. Ask Robbie.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I love Ferraris & most cars I think the DICKHEADS that slag off car are just that DICKHEADS
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wow, Shakespeare.

I don't comprehend the issue between Ferrari and McLaren on the consumer level. I get a lot of resent from my Ferrari friends for buying a McLaren. For some reason it was always acceptable to own an Aston. It seemed like a choice of a different approach; style versus performance. Now it feels that they seem threatened. I like Ferraris. I always have. I had my mind set on a 458 spyder until I drove the 12C. There is in my mind, a clear difference. The McLaren is the easiest car to drive very fast that I have driven. I have been to school and spent time on tracks but I have an 80 hour job that limits my free time so I realize my limitations. For the precious moments I have to enjoy a car the McLaren presents me with the best scenario. That has nothing to do with the 458. For me I can not bash the Ferrari. It's just not the right car for me. It's the Ferrari owners that are, well you know.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have both, I have to say the McLaren guys are more Car Guys, where as the Ferrari Guys (Not All of them) are biased by the Badge. I love Ferrari's, always have and always will. It is a matter of preference. I also think Porsche's are great, but hey, I am a Car Guy. NOT A FERRARI GUY.:D

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
The F50 is my second favorite supercar so you won't hear too much out of me even though I'm considered the ultimate McLaren fan boy by some. All cars have their strengths and weaknesses and ever marque seems to have its own group of less-desirables behind the wheel. I will say the McLaren crowd seems less worried about having a matching wardrobe and I think that's a positive.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a 12c and a 458 spyder. I like both. The 12c is a drivers' car. The 458 has more for those who like to think about driving cars. :)

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
The F50 is my second favorite supercar so you won't hear too much out of me even though I'm considered the ultimate McLaren fan boy by some. All cars have their strengths and weaknesses and ever marque seems to have its own group of less-desirables behind the wheel. I will say the McLaren crowd seems less worried about having a matching wardrobe and I think that's a positive.

>8^)
ER
+1 on the F50, best Supercar I have ever driven.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Wow, Shakespeare.

I don't comprehend the issue between Ferrari and McLaren on the consumer level. I get a lot of resent from my Ferrari friends for buying a McLaren. For some reason it was always acceptable to own an Aston. It seemed like a choice of a different approach; style versus performance. Now it feels that they seem threatened. I like Ferraris. I always have. I had my mind set on a 458 spyder until I drove the 12C. There is in my mind, a clear difference. The McLaren is the easiest car to drive very fast that I have driven. I have been to school and spent time on tracks but I have an 80 hour job that limits my free time so I realize my limitations. For the precious moments I have to enjoy a car the McLaren presents me with the best scenario. That has nothing to do with the 458. For me I can not bash the Ferrari. It's just not the right car for me. It's the Ferrari owners that are, well you know.
Well put ! ! ( you just like cars ) :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
I like Ferrari , Have had a couple of howlers mind you . My 599 broke down on the A217 and i had passers by throw insults and things ( i kid you not!!! ) at me while I waited for recovery . It constantly used to throw engine faults etc , by the time they rectified it I sold it ( for a tidy profit mind you as it was uk car 3 apparently ).
Once i was given a 360 to try for a few days . On the way back from a night out with the misses it decided to lose abs , traction and stability control ( interesting in a torrential downpour ) .
However I still love them , my friends scuderia ( different front springs and aftermarket steel brakes ) was an absolute hoot on track and I loved the 458 I tried , though not as much as the SLS or the 12c if Im honest .)
Will probably get an f12 though as I think they are just mega .

Now lamborghini on the other hand I have had real issues with . I broke a Murci demonstrators gearbox on the test drive ( it may have been my fault as I dared to change up pulling away from traffic lights ) . The lp640 I had was the biggest , truck driving , horrible gearbox , constantly breaking POS I have ever had the misfortune to own , I put it up for sale after a couple of weeks . It did have an interesting option though , the speedometer was showing about 190 mph when driving at about 5 mph . Passengers used to get a kick by taking photos of the clock and the residential streets , it looked like we were doing about 180 in a 30 .
The gallardo convertible i was given for a weekend's roof gave up the ghost and left me with an open cockpit ( again in torrential rain ) for my 45 minute drive home . At least I got to dispel the urban myth that if you drive fast enough with the roof down , you don't get wet ...

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
The F50 is my second favorite supercar...
+1 on the F50, best Supercar I have ever driven.
Truth! :cool:

I was a bit taken aback w/ the recent TopGear - Worst Car in the History of the World vid clip here where they bash on the F50. But, of-course they are for all intents & purposes "entertainment" first & foremost. Though- all I can say it, what lunacy... :confused:

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Clarkson is a giant buffoon and he has a love affair with the F40.

Look back to the EVO magazine from February 2004 where they compared the 4 Ferrari supercars and placed the F50 at the top. Their test has a lot more credibility than any of the blubber that Clarkson spews IMO.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm probably in the minority here but in terms of looks I think the F40 is roughly 8-10 billion times better looking then the F50.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
I prefer the 40 and 288 to the 50 although the 50 is a truly wonderful drive , so at least you are not alone MPB!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Agree 100% with both of you guys.
An interesting POV from everyone,as the biggest gripe between the 12c and 458 is that the 458 is emotionally better because it N/A,yet comparing ferrari/ferrari this doesent seem to be the case :confused:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I DO like driving F50s. But I'd have a 288 AND an F40 first. Actually - the '50 is my least favorite of the FX cars - and there are many "regular" fezzas I'd have over one.

I've never liked the look of the F50 - rather froggy to my eyes. Removing the roof made it MUCH worse.

On the subject of this thread - I love Ferraris, but LOATHE the company and its practices.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I prefer the 40 and 288 to the 50 although the 50 is a truly wonderful drive , so at least you are not alone MPB!
Shame on me for forgetting about the 288!

The 288 is a masterpiece of aesthetics. It was Pininfarina at the height of their powers.
It showed it was possible to make a car look aggressive (I hate using that horribly overused word!) subtle and beautiful at the same time.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I DO like driving F50s. But I'd have a 288 AND an F40 first. Actually - the '50 is my least favorite of the FX cars - and there are many "regular" fezzas I'd have over one.

I've never liked the look of the F50 - rather froggy to my eyes. Removing the roof made it MUCH worse.

On the subject of this thread - I love Ferraris, but LOATHE the company and its practices.
BUT YOU LOVE THE CARS :):D:p:eek::cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts