McLaren Life banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my windows tinted today and after the guy left I noticed the back was not properly shut. I read some forum posts suggesting this might be a latch failure and I would have to take the car in. I called down to McLaren Tampa and spoke with Dylan who did the initial walkthrough of the car with me. He was SO nice and walked me through a super quick fix. Just slam the glass. REALLY hard lol. I kept my hand on it the entire time as I was closing it vs. before where I would either let it go or carefully close it then try to push on it. That was it!

Thankfully not a latch issue lol figured I'd share this here for anyone that has a similar experience to give this a go before making a trip into service.

Also when I started the car it did have an error message for the back latch being open but I just turned the car off waited a minute and turned it back on and it was fine, no error message in sight.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
So I got my windows tinted today and after the guy left I noticed the back was not properly shut. I read some forum posts suggesting this might be a latch failure and I would have to take the car in. I called down to McLaren Tampa and spoke with Dylan who did the initial walkthrough of the car with me. He was SO nice and walked me through a super quick fix. Just slam the glass. REALLY hard lol. I kept my hand on it the entire time as I was closing it vs. before where I would either let it go or carefully close it then try to push on it. That was it!

Thankfully not a latch issue lol figured I'd share this here for anyone that has a similar experience to give this a go before making a trip into service.

Also when I started the car it did have an error message for the back latch being open but I just turned the car off waited a minute and turned it back on and it was fine, no error message in sight.

Cheers!
That's how mine started... It got worse and eventually failed completely. Do you have the extended warranty? It covers the latch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts