McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up at Thunderhill on friday - top speed was 148mph at the end of the front straight. Shredded my rear tires and front brakes are pretty much now done. Rear tires and front brakes survived ~11K miles, with three track days. Car performed flawlessly, and never threw a fault (except for a low tire pressure warning after lunch). Plus 165 miles there and back - about 500 miles on the day. Averaged 4.6mpg on track, 25.3mpg to and from.

BTW, this was a charity event, selling rides in a few supercars (including the yellow 458 Challenge car and a Porsche GT2 cup car that was INSANE fast). The McLaren was by FAR the most popular car, to the extent that I was told to run multiple groups just to cover all the customers. We raised a fair chunk of money for cancer research.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thats a track and a half !!!.Is that a video camera i see on your windscreen???????????????;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is - but the battery wouldn't hold a charge after a couple of warm up laps. I haven't had a chance to check what it caught yet, as it's still in the car, and the car is getting new tires, brakes, 10K service.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Having someone in the family who's been affected by cancer my hat's off to you and the others at the event for raising money to combat it. Very nice work to all concerned!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The car looks great in that color. Given that you had passengers, I assume you didn't worry about lap times.
Yes the darker grey is one of my favorites too. Great story!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts