McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first 12C arrived 7 months ago after being on the waiting list for over 16 months, it was my reward to me. Since I saw the prototype a few years back, it was on my wish list. In the short 6 months, I put over 4,000 hard on and off track miles, loving every minute. On 10/7 I was involved in an accident during HPDE event, after being clipped by a car I was passing, (according to a witness right behind me, who saw the whole thing happened) the car spun and went to grass and ended up in the wall going 80+ mph. The car was totaled, and the insurance settled it in no time on my favor. I then started looking for a replacement. After much thought, I wanted the car that I had, I knew nothing else would fill the void. Thanks to Nick at Newport Beach I found the car, and made it back into the car I had/wanted. There were a lot of cars I could have bought for the money, but none of them delivered what the 12C did. I'm glad to be back in 12C and looking forward to enjoying every mile again. By the way, the car did what it was supposed to do in a crash, it protected it's occupant. I was totally unharmed, not even a single scratch. I'm thankful to the car for protecting me.

Here is a few recent pics...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fantastic news. A mutual friend was at the event that day and told me what happened. Glad it worked out! Curious to know what kind of insurance you have, as I thought track events are not covered. I would be very interested in getting the same type of policy as well.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congrats, nice to have you back, Nick is good people, and you got a great color :)

Nice to see another person on here with a FORD GT again, love those cars.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey Gripforce

Do you post on the GT Forum? Did you get to the NOLA rally?

GT and 12C is the perfect combo ( but perhaps I'm predjudiced)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I saw Gripforce's car today at C&C in Irvine, wanted to say hello but couldn't find him. His was the only McLaren as I brought my 991 instead. His car looks good.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey Gripforce

Do you post on the GT Forum? Did you get to the NOLA rally?

GT and 12C is the perfect combo ( but perhaps I'm predjudiced)
Hello there, I recently registered with GT Forum under ID Greg-TT. And wow, what a fantastic car GT is. I've been lurking around for more than 5 years and I'm so glad I bought one. The GT experience so far has been nothing but special and great. IMO, GT is the most fun to drive car I ever owned (12C by the way is the most rewarding car I ever owned :D). The car is currently at Cooltech getting some mods and re-tune. After a few days, fun to drive factor should be up by 50% :D I'm looking forward to attending GT rally 8 in Nor. Cal and I hope we can meet soon.

I saw Gripforce's car today at C&C in Irvine, wanted to say hello but couldn't find him. His was the only McLaren as I brought my 991 instead. His car looks good.
Sorry I missed you. I was busy all morning checking out the new viper and talking to a guy who did the paint correction on my car :) I thought I saw a silver 991, was that yours? I just sold my 991 7-spd man. I liked the car but I was just too busy and lazy to deal with minor electronic issues that required frequent dealer visits. Better yet, I sold the car for what I paid after enjoying for 2 months :)

Fantastic news. A mutual friend was at the event that day and told me what happened. Glad it worked out! Curious to know what kind of insurance you have, as I thought track events are not covered. I would be very interested in getting the same type of policy as well.
Thanks, sent you a PM

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few more pics after the paint correction...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Your car looked terrific at C&C, I talked to the Edmunds Guys about the new Viper as well. My 991 was White with a Black Glass Roof and it is a PDK. See you next time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great to hear that everything worked out for you. Beautiful color and the correction result looks stunning!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts