McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Sponsors
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AWE Tuning: McLaren 570S Exhaust Suite. AVAILABLE NOW.

Presenting the ultimate exhaust solution for the McLaren 570S:

• Max gains of 17 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque at the crank on stock software
  • Performance Exhaust features custom-engineered mandatory OE-quality quarter-inch thick, dual layer waffled Inconel heat shielding with internal 3000°F matting
  • Combined weight savings of 15lbs over stock (Performance Catalysts + Exhaust)
  • Handcrafted from 3” diameter TIG-welded, CNC mandrel-bent T304 stainless steel
  • 200 cell HJS HD high flow catalysts
  • X-pipe for refined exotic tone
  • Performance catalysts feature T304 stainless steel flex sections with internal stainless interlock liner
  • Engineered, designed, tested and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
  • Featuring the unprecedented AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee and No Check Engine Light Guarantee
  • AWE Tuning Lifetime Exhaust Warranty (1 year on catalysts)

The AWE Tuning McLaren 570 Exhaust Suite is comprised of two performance ingredients: the Performance Catalysts and the Performance Exhaust.

AWE Tuning McLaren Performance Catalysts:

Video: AWE Tuning McLaren 570S Performance Catalysts

The AWE Tuning McLaren Performance Catalysts are aggressive, unbridled and unique, and are the first in the world to tout a 200 cell high flow catalyst solution.

About the 200 cell HJS HD Catalysts

The easy route would have been using the standard 300 cell HJS catalysts due to their shorter overall length. However, there is no HD (High Durability) spec 300 cell HJS catalyst, and the close engine placement and power output that these catalysts are subject to in the 570S meant one thing to us -- the 300 cell HJS Catalyst simply wasn’t an option. The 200 cell HJS HD catalyst, while significantly more complex to integrate, afforded not only the durability we desired, but the added benefit of significantly increased flow over a 300 cell count catalyst. In short, we chose to do what we do best. Unlock Performance.

Unrivaled build quality

AWE Tuning prides itself on craftsmanship. The AWE Tuning McLaren Performance Catalyst is no exception. Precision engineering and fixture development permits the factory heat shields to be re-used. Further, our integration of proper articulating stainless steel fully lined flex joints allow for torque flex without stress.
Along with factory-correct fitment and long term durability, the AWE Tuning McLaren Performance Catalysts provide peak gains of 16 hp and 10 ft-lbs of torque at the crank and a maximum gain of 17 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque at the crank, as measured on the AWE Tuning in-house Mustang chassis dyno.

AWE Tuning McLaren 570S Performance Exhaust:

Video: AWE Tuning McLaren 570S Performance Catalysts + Exhaust

The AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust smooths the tone of the Performance Catalysts, taking the soundtrack to a high-pitched, goosebump-provoking exotic note. Pronounced at the higher end of the sound-spectrum, the tone reaches an incredibly sophisticated note in this range.

The Performance Exhaust is constructed from full 3” mandrel-bent T304 stainless steel and features an engineered opening between the banks, aiding to the signature tone. Surrounding the Performance Exhaust is a custom-engineered quarter-inch thick, dual layer waffled Inconel heat shielding with internal 3000°F matting to prevent any heat damage and protect the 570S’ body paneling. The exhaust re-uses the factory tips.

Data:

Pricing can be found right this way.

Questions? Hit me here or feel free to email me directly.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Amazing craftsmanship. Question for you on the crankshaft power/torque chart: It looks like the engine is producing 475-480 ft-lbs of torque with the stock exhaust. This is significantly above McLaren's spec of 443 ft-lbs. Do you think McLaren is under-rating the engine? I've suspected they might be because the quarter mile trap speeds I've seen are a few MPH higher than I'd expect.

Love the videos!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thank you kindly, J. What you're seeing is the variable between using two seperate tools -- chassis dyno vs engine dyno. In our scenario -- it's before and after utilizing the same tool.
Josh - I think you misunderstood. I'm not comparing the chassis dyno and engine dyno charts. I'm only looking at the engine dyno chart. The black torque line (stock) appears to hit about 475 lb-ft of torque. That's above McLaren's 443 lb-ft rating. The horsepower line seems to be right on the money with McLaren's rating around 562HP.

·
Sponsors
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Josh - I think you misunderstood. I'm not comparing the chassis dyno and engine dyno charts. I'm only looking at the engine dyno chart. The black torque line (stock) appears to hit about 475 lb-ft of torque. That's above McLaren's 443 lb-ft rating. The horsepower line seems to be right on the money with McLaren's rating around 562HP.
Ah, I see. The crank figures are extrapolated from our Mustang chassis dyno using a linear correction factor. The 570 has to be dynoed in AWD mode on the chassis dyno, and boost ramp-up will look different than it will when tested on an engine dyno. In this case it's difficult to compare figures published by the factory. It's best to compare before-and-after to focus on how the Performance Catalysts and Exhaust unlock performance out of this vehicle.

·
Sponsors
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 570S exhaust needs a heat shield. Ours is integrated, beautiful, and happens to be custom-engineered OE-quality quarter-inch thick, dual layer waffled Inconel heat shielding with internal 3000°F matting.

What's this mean? Our shielding is capable of reducing heat measured at 2800°F down to under 350°F -- a massive 2450°F degree drop in surface temperature.

When equipping the upper echelon with a new attitude, the last thing you should have to worry about is mediocre heat protection.

The zero-compromise AWE Tuning McLaren 570S Exhaust Suite. Available right now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Having been a customer of AWE's for well over a decade, this exhaust will be the first addition to my 570S. Unless my HRE's come in quickly! I have the benefit of proximity to AWE's new state of the art R&D and fabrication facility, it is a sight to behold. In typical AWE fashion, no corners were cut. Looking forward to continuing to support your brand...under the McLaren banner this time around!

Cross platform examples currently in use...

In action at VIR at dusk...
https://www.facebook.com/michael.abens.9/videos/532167496951367/

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Having been a customer of AWE's for well over a decade, this exhaust will be the first addition to my 570S.
You find your black beauty? When are you getting the car (or do you have it already and I missed it)?

-Jamie.

·
Sponsors
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crafted with precision, tailored specifically for the McLaren 570 S, and wrapped in OE-grade Inconel heat shielding. Power, sound, peace of mind. It doesn't get better than this.

Unlock performance with the AWE McLaren 570 S Exhaust Suite. Handcrafted and shipped from Horsham, PA.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have an AWE Tuning XPipe exhaust for my 570S that I am selling for $2K shipped anywhere in the US.

Let me know if you are interested! It will be available for shipping by next week. Thanks

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I have an AWE Tuning XPipe exhaust for my 570S that I am selling for $2K shipped anywhere in the US.

Let me know if you are interested! It will be available for shipping by next week. Thanks
Any check engine with x pipe only.? How hard of an install was it if you did on your own

·
Registered
303 Posts
Any check engine with x pipe only.? How hard of an install was it if you did on your own
No check engine light even with their sport cats.

X pipe alone could never trigger a CEL because their are no O2 sensors past the downpipes into the X pipe.

The AWE Xpipe is a great replacement for a factory exhaust for the 570S, as it's even better than the factory Sport exhaust option and much cheaper. The McLaren sport exhaust is stock DPs they put on all the cars, but a more aggressive muffler- which the AWE Xpipe replaces.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No check engine light even with their sport cats.

X pipe alone could never trigger a CEL because their are no O2 sensors past the downpipes into the X pipe.

The AWE Xpipe is a great replacement for a factory exhaust for the 570S, as it's even better than the factory Sport exhaust option and much cheaper. The McLaren sport exhaust is stock DPs they put on all the cars, but a more aggressive muffler- which the AWE Xpipe replaces.
So I'm a bit confused on what the products are here. On AWE's website, it lists a "performance exhaust" which is $2600 and a "performance catalyst" which is $5k+. Are these 2 the same sections but one has cats and the other doesn't??

Which one are you selling? The non cat one? I'm used to cars with just "headers" and "exhaust" for things we can upgrade. Now there's downpipes and x-pipes for this car. Is this a turbo thing?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts