McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
More rumors...
I don't get why Mclaren won't release official numbers... If this is true.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Recycled rumor from the Autocar review. The fact that this is from a McSource through a respectable journo does give it some credence. Near 6:30 or 6:39.99 ...?

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yes well Sutcliffe is the same genius that was claiming McLaren told him the 12C would do 7 min flat, way back when. These guys need to find something more useful to do, other than pretending to be journalists.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Yes well Sutcliffe is the same genius that was claiming McLaren told him the 12C would do 7 min flat, way back when. These guys need to find something more useful to do, other than pretending to be journalists.
Small difference this time though. The p1 has been to the ring before he made the assertion

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sounds like it's just been lifted from McLaren Life to me.

Which wouldn't be the first time that rumour became fact became rumour.

I get my red trousers ;)

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Small difference this time though. The p1 has been to the ring before he made the assertion

Yes I suppose that makes him a colossal idiot the last time, and slightly less so, this time around! :p

These guys don't even use the their heads before pressing the publish button. Like the whole 5G cornering thing. Then again, you get more page views if you post the outlandish statement, even if you have to back track later - which gets you more page views yet again. What a circus.

I don't doubt the P1 could do the time, tho. Mind, somebody going balls out in a sim without regard for killing themself is a lot different than the real world. Jesus, are we already talking P1 ring times again??? :(

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
But it matters SOOO much!! :eek:

>8^)
ER
Not that I truly want to stir up a hornets nest about the P1 ring time but since it's come up... again.. possibly against my better judgement I feel somewhat compelled to say this: I don't think it necessarily matters so much even leaving aside the emphasis placed on the ring time by Mclaren themselves at Geneva 2013 but the way it has been played out has IMO been very poor.

Wtdoom has put up something on Fchat (just had a browse through it amidst a lot of nonsense there) that I think is pretty fair and very much agree with and hope he doesn't mind if I pop it up here.

wtdoom said:
My problem with this behaviour is that it is insulting , it's an affront to those that actually go out there , put it on the line , take independent observers , show video , use vln recognised time keepers etc etc . Any way you look at it it's unsavoury behaviour , unbecoming of a company like mclaren . Put up or shut up , it's very very simple .
I'm sure they can set a fast time , I'm convinced of it after my drive but don't pull these stunts . Don't undermine others achievements in such a low , borderline cowardly manner .
That's some unsavoury sheeeeeeeeet ! Step in the ring or put away your gloves .

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Not that I truly want to stir up a hornets nest about the P1 ring time but since it's come up... again.. possibly against my better judgement I feel somewhat compelled to say this: I don't think it necessarily matters so much even leaving aside the emphasis placed on the ring time by Mclaren themselves at Geneva 2013 but the way it has been played out has IMO been very poor.

Wtdoom has put up something on Fchat (just had a browse through it amidst a lot of nonsense there) that I think is pretty fair and very much agree with and hope he doesn't mind if I pop it up here.
he who comes second, or is it third, bleats loudest I guess...

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Do think his point is not related to where the 918 might or might not sit on the lap record board but I might be wrong i suppose...
perhaps not..
its a dead point though.. there are those who will not believe until they see a video.. each to their own.. it's not going to change the reality

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I agree with the sentiment of doom's post - I would have liked to see McLaren follow through with the original plan. Sure would have saved me a lot of typing. :D

Hope I get that pen set though - then it would all be worth it. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I agree with the sentiment of doom's post - I would have liked to see McLaren follow through with the original plan. Sure would have saved me a lot of typing. :D

>8^)
ER
well agreed... but I can equally see the reasoning for not publishing so as to set the target for others

·
Premium Member
993 Posts

>8^)
ER
It sure would be well deserved. Maybe a purple heart would be more appropriate.

You have a lot of patience my friend. As an old friend would say "you have "sticktoitiveness". :)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts

>8^)
ER
Well you're certainly going to be covered in gifts from Woking from what Fchat are implying ;) I don't really agree with you on this matter over the ring time but you have been extraordinarily persistent that's for sure over there...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts