McLaren Life banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's a matter of preferences honestly. All my cars are manual except the McLaren which doesn't make sense to be a manual given how fast it is, but I will buy a 911 eventually just to satisfy my need to daily drive a manual car with amazing performance. My focus RS doesn't quite do that for me and I'm not one to tune cars.

I was very close to buy the new lotus primarly because it's a manual, there are ppl who prefer that.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
¯\(ツ)

some people still like riding horses. Dunno why. They are ornery and shit everywhere and are in all ways worse than an appropriate automobile

some people still like traveling by boat instead of planes. Boats suck.

hell some people like traveling cross country by car when an airplane would be vastly better in every way. people who like road trips are stupid fossils who refuse to embrace the future!

/ sarcasm

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was a terrible article. Must be a slow day at the office...Author sounds like someone who can wait for FSD. In fact...why even have humans race at all when a computer controlled car would be much faster around a track.

Driving...what a useless past time...
I think it may have been Sean writing under a pseudonym. 😂

·
Registered
89 Posts
For me its not about being manual, because h-boxes are utter trash compared to even the most hardy sequential straight cut screaming bastard-box, it is about have a clutch.

I would love it if my McLaren had a hand clutch lever on the wheel, that level of control would be incredible, then we could do away with these stupid gearboxes and have beautiful sequential clutch-less gearboxes that are lighter, more reliable and handle more power size:size

2012 MP4-12C
2,965 Posts
I think it may have been Sean writing under a pseudonym. 😂
I claim my works. I didn't read the article but I'm assuming it's similar to my observations and thought process based on the title.

I do in fact own a manual, and glad it is, because it's slow and shifting passes the time. I have paddle shifters on 2 of my cars, the McLaren I drive in manual mode (you know, still shifting gears all by myself!) and the Mercedes I only manually shift when doing autocross because it's insanely slow. For autocross I was shifting it before going into a turn so it would shift coming out. Point being, the argument of having more control is null because even with paddles you have full control. The only argument is for having to do more things with your feet and hands that make you slower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts