McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/mclaren-boss-sheriff-leave

"McLaren Automotive’s managing director Antony Sheriff is on extended leave from the company and is not expected to be at next week’s Geneva motor show to unveil the new McLaren P1.

The reason for Sheriff being placed on gardening leave is still unclear, but he is understood to still be employed as McLaren Automotive’s managing director.

McLaren Automotive’s chief operating officer Mike Flewitt is undertaking Sheriff's duties while he is on leave. It is not clear if Sheriff will return to work for the company.

US-born Sheriff joined McLaren from Fiat a decade ago to oversee the launch of McLaren’s road car division, and was the helm for the launch of the firm’s first two models, the MP4-12C and 12C Spider, as well as the presentation of the P1 concept car at the Paris motor show last year."

So anyone know what the real story is?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
His commitment to the business was without question. No word on the street about the reasons as yet.

The hardest things to manage in business is product development, start up and new technology introduction. Throw all three together and add a global financial recession and you have a BIG challenge.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any press release like that spells one thing to me, he's been shown the door and given some gardening tools! Pity, he certainly seemed committed.

However, there have been some cock ups, big ones. Like the launch of the car, ultimately he was to blame.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Word on the street is that he has gone. Anthony put a lot of energy and effort into the project.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Any truth to stories of McLaren Automotive being in financial trouble? Keep in mind, this is stuff I read on the Fchat forum.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Possibly the 'real' bosses felt that the management has not been on top of things properly. Some issues have languished a wee bit too long and the ship is not run quite tightly enough. Also, like it or not, the 12C did not come out of the automotive world's starting gate like gangbusters.:(
I bet investors (Lim, Mansour Ojjeh, Mumtalakat et.al.) had a hand in this. :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Surprised Eric hasn't commented on this... I think this news just broke but he may of been out for a little bit. Ron runs a tight ship... You mess up and your out

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pretty funny post really. :D
My thoughts are I don't believe your government wouldn't step in to make life a little easier at Mclaren if it were the case they were in trouble, as they seem to be somewhat of a poster child for British manufactur and engineering prowess.
Plus I wish to work there in the not to distant future.;)
Jake.

·
Honorary Member
661 Posts
Pretty funny post really. :D
My thoughts are I don't believe your government wouldn't step in to make life a little easier at Mclaren if it were the case they were in trouble, as they seem to be somewhat of a poster child for British manufactur and engineering prowess.
Plus I wish to work there in the not to distant future.;)
Jake.
Personally I don't think it's so funny. I think this could cause some to think twice about buying a McLaren. I personally know of one P1 potential who's worried about this and may not order one.

The poster hides behind IMO which won't help him legally if his post shows a reckless disregard for the truth and damages McLaren by costing them orders especially in UK courts.

I think it was a very stupid post to make unless he has real personal knowledge that McLaren won't exist in 4 years as he clearly stated.

·
Honorary Member
661 Posts
Other posters are clearly believing it, that McLaren won't exist as a car company in 4 years.

"It's a sad day if Mclaren ceases to exist as car maker. I like their spunk and single minded determination to beat Ferrari."

·
Registered
82 Posts
I totally agree with you, funny was probably the wrong way to express myself.
Imagine if this was stated about ferrari. I have had experience of peoples uneducated opinions directly affecting sales. So you are completely right.
Jake,

·
Registered
418 Posts
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142139853-post6981.html

Many Ferrari Fan Girls are annoyed with me because I quite like P1 thus the lead in.
Three (3) A HOLES ON F-CHAT, another reason, I won't be renewing my subscription any longer:

1) Peter Mann (Challenge Strad) who has his nose so far up Ferrari's ass he can't breath, all he does is knock McLaren without knowing squat.

2) Modena, this shit head doesn't even own a Ferrari and probably could not afford a Mondial with his POS BMW 1991 318i yet talks crap to Jim constantly, this is the one guy who is one of the biggest idiots on there.

3)ARTINNYC this is the joker that is constantly starting the threads about McLaren in Financial Trouble.

Again these 3 idiots really take the cake and they are always on the F70 Section for anyone who gives a rat's ass.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Personally I don't think it's so funny. I think this could cause some to think twice about buying a McLaren. I personally know of one P1 potential who's worried about this and may not order one.

The poster hides behind IMO which won't help him legally if his post shows a reckless disregard for the truth and damages McLaren by costing them orders especially in UK courts.

I think it was a very stupid post to make unless he has real personal knowledge that McLaren won't exist in 4 years as he clearly stated.
Its mainly that Jerk ArtinNYC that posts about McLaren having Financial trouble.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ofcourse this kind of crap started on Fchat, there's so many people there who are so brainwashed into thinking Ferrari is god that they think everything else is shit, will fail, looks crap or is in trouble because it's going against Ferrari. Every time I go to Fchat I feel dumber like I've lost IQ points from reading the drivel there.

I too have stopped going over to there....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ofcourse this kind of crap started on Fchat, there's so many people there who are so brainwashed into thinking Ferrari is god that they think everything else is shit, will fail, looks crap or is in trouble because it's going against Ferrari. Every time I go to Fchat I feel dumber like I've lost IQ points from reading the drivel there.

I too have stopped going over to there....
Your right, almost a 10 year Member with a Ferrari, and I am done with these guys. Most don't even own a Ferrari (MODENA example) yet speak crap. The rest are just biased by the badge.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts