McLaren Life banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Correction: they only have meaning when the 458 is slower.
Always interested in your comments 10000rpm,i myself have always wanted a Mclaren and feel fortunate to be in this postition,and as you put it you had a deposit on a 12c and BAILED OUT,is that because you wanted the next great car???,but were a little worried it wouldnt be quite 100% so you BAILED OUT,and if it had been everything you wanted would you now, being the owner of a 12c ,be all over the Ferrari forums telling them what was wrong with the 458 that youd BAILED OUT FROM.
I think you need to set up a love in with Calitalia,i hope you will both be very happy

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
For your info

previous laptimes of Anglesey on dry laps,not damp like above
gumpert 59.4
gt3rs 59.7
zr1 59.9
and 458 101.6 DRY TRACK
so what do we deduce from this now 458 TNE did 59.2 on a damp track,breaking the track record,when it was 14th last time out 2.4 seconds slower on a dry track
i think im going to swap onto MPSS, as they must be at least 3 seconds a lap quicker on a dry track:rolleyes:

sorry 59.3 for the 12c on a damp track,must be a ringer then

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
The original lap time for the 458 was 60,1s (they got it wrong in the 2010 video) - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/performance_car/258115/ferrari_458_italia.html - see facts and figures.

0,9s improvement is not impossible with new Super Sport tires. The track doesn´t look that bad. We don´t even know when they did timed laps.

458 aside, MP4-12C has been underperforming in basically all the tests, compared with the huge claims by McLaren. Even here, only a couple of tenths quicker than GT2 and GT3 RS. Definitely not something ground-braking.
Dont understand your logic,its a fully loaded luxury car thats competing with the likes of a £450k gumpert and beating it,this is were Ron said it would be,its not a track focused car like the 12c-gt3 will be,and it never started mid-way down a list ,then jump to the top like a 458 has,its straight out of the box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts