McLaren Life banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cash and prizes would be swell. If anyone has any, please let us know. In the meantime, let's pick the win-place-show on Sunday. I'll go first.

1. Kimi
2. Jensen
3. Fernando

PS: Lewis and Mercedes will finish no better than sixth. I like Lewis a lot, but it will be bedlam at Mercedes with Wolf, Lauda and Brawn all simultaneously in charge. I'm glad Lewis got a lot of money. He's a good fellow.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can I suggest a change in format to make it more fun? Why not pick the pole first, then once qualifying is done, we make our predictions for the race. Just to give a second chance if your original podium picks have bad quali or grid penalties or something.
Sounds like a good plan. Since I'm generally the one who starts these things, I'll kick it off with the next race. Thanks 6th.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Well, looks like I won this first round of our friendly competition. I was the only one who predicted that Kimi would win (predicted? -- guessed:D) and who had Kimi and Alonzo in the top 3.

So here's my commentary on the contest winner (me): My victory is proof that the million monkey theory still works.:D:D

Here's my commentary on the race:

1. Kimi's win is proof that cream always rises to the top.
  2. Fernando has to believe he has a great shot at the championship.
  3. Ferrari is happy to score 30 points and lead the constructors.
  4. Bernie is happy someone other than Vettel won since he and Red Bull will be champions again.
  5. Lewi$ ha$ to be happy a$ he made the be$t move of the option$$$ open to him.
  6. Force India has to be OVERJOYED they chose Sutil and got 10 points in one race.
  7. MacDaddy's decision to make a new car for the last year of the formula rather than evolve the old one (like everyone else but Sauber did) means our baby is cutting its teeth and we are bleeding a little and couldn't chew our food today.
  8. Anyone who puts any stock in my assessments needs professional help.;)

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Way to go GeorgeSSS, you are the winner ??with your great selection on drivers placing in the top three. I hope you got to watch this great race on ESPN. Cheers.....??
Thanks Extreme. It was a great race. The only thing that would have made it greater would have been Jensen or Sergio winning. We will do better in Singapore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.