McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday we blatted north to south on Route Napoleon from 100 miles north of Gap to Nice on motorcycles sans pillion and luggage , yes, 36 pairs of the wife's shoes in the top box.

It was 35c , far to hot for biking so we hit 3 figure speeds on the remote stretches........great fun on a twisty road.

But we could not shake off an early Austin Healy, the one with the 'octagonal' grill, on Austrian plates and right hand drive.

No steering assistance, no anti lock brakes ( probably no brakes ) , no stability control, ecu. Doris and no Corsas. No turbo's. Brilliantly driven .

Made me wonder what we lucky MP12 owners moan about. Just get out there and have fun!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Great to hear your exploits RIC,keep them coming,it takes away the monotony of the daily grind :)

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Agree 100%

Good to hear the Healey could keep up - started restoring mine and quit 5 years ago but this is inspiring.

Funny thing is all the body work and interior is done just a mater of dropping the engine and tranny it should make 240 hp with the alloy racing head.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree 100%

Good to hear the Healey could keep up - started restoring mine and quit 5 years ago but this is inspiring.

Funny thing is all the body work and interior is done just a mater of dropping the engine and tranny it should make 240 hp with the alloy racing head.

This one was in BRG and in perfect condition. Healeys just look right. One of those cars that somehow have perfect proportion. It was certainly fast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts