McLaren Life banner
41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
there is definitely something going on. McLaren needs someone to step in with a balance sheet… expand the company efficiently, provide better dealer networks, better QC and stop using similar parts between the different variants…. its time for someone to come in… Mac cant do this on there own! I hope this is true in someway.

Reactions: shack

·
Registered
105 Posts
there is definitely something going on. McLaren needs someone to step in with a balance sheet… expand the company efficiently, provide better dealer networks, better QC and stop using similar parts between the different variants…. its time for someone to come in… Mac cant do this on there own! I hope this is true in someway.
Another tell that something is going on was the sudden departure of the CEO. Handwriting was on the wall and he punched out with his package....

2012 MP4-12C
2,446 Posts
And this is why "journalism" isn't a thing anymore. It's people reading and repeating so it turns into a "fact" when the wrong person gets ahold of it. Why look into it yourself when you can be the first to report something that isn't true.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
And this is why "journalism" isn't a thing anymore. It's people reading and repeating so it turns into a "fact" when the wrong person gets ahold of it. Why look into it yourself when you can be the first to report something that isn't true.
Yep. It's not just journalism, it's everything. Quality, truth, integrity, all out the window in the relentless pursuit of clicks and eyeballs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
McLaren just released the below statement, guess some media started assuming it was a done deal, which isn't true, they're just negotiating and evaluating.

"McLaren Group is aware of a news media report stating it has been sold to Audi. This is wholly inaccurate and McLaren is seeking to have the story removed.

McLaren’s technology strategy has always involved ongoing discussions and collaboration with relevant partners and suppliers, including other carmakers, however, there has been no change in the ownership structure of the McLaren Group."

2012 MP4-12C
2,446 Posts
I think you are right. The release may have come out prematurely, but something is going on. With the CEO's sudden departure and now this - something is cooking.
I have no doubts there are talks, and numbers may have been thrown out there, but history has shown (Porsche buying VW) it's not done till it's inked.
Someone inside the organization has probably leaked information
If they're known that person might not work there anymore. I'm willing to bet misleading investors is a firable offense.

41 - 60 of 146 Posts