McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

What are your thoughts on this Aston Concept, do we all want it in production?

Attachments

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
A bit reminiscent of the MB-McLaren SLR Stirling Moss! :cool:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
It is a shame that PR is all Aston can muster at the moment. That and rebody what's now fading technology. Cash is draining away as sales continue to decline.

I hope the money raised from the Development Bond provides enough to develop the next model range but I fear they will be too slow.....hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It is a shame that <acronym title="Google Page Ranking">PR</acronym> is all Aston can muster at the moment. That and rebody what's now fading technology. Cash is draining away as sales continue to decline.

I hope the money raised from the Development Bond provides enough to develop the next model range but I fear they will be too slow.....hope I'm wrong.
If only they could use a front engined version of the Monocell, bought under licence from McLaren........

Well, they're not really competitors, and the economies of scale would certainly benefit both parties.

Hey, maybe they could even get Ricardo to replace their antiquated ztec ford engines?

A sort of rebadged,front engined McLaren, but with Aston Martin styling. I wonder if they'd be a market for that?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
If only they could use a front engined version of the Monocell, bought under licence from McLaren........

A sort of rebadged,front engined McLaren, but with Aston Martin styling. I wonder if they'd be a market for that?

I think there will always be a market for Aston style.........well as long as petrol heads exist.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think there will always be a market for Aston style.........well as long as petrol heads exist.

It's a shame they get so many detractors in the UK. I saw a V12 Vantage driven in London a couple of days ago. I know the engine/ interior/ chassis is inferior to the equivalent Ferrari, but it just looked and sounded "right" somehow. Very desirable.

They sell plenty of soft tops, so that Monocell would be just the ticket.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The V12 Vantage is the last old school car that is likely to be produced as EEC regulation kills the application of flair.

It is a fabulous car that demands involvement. Could the styling be improved? Not in my opinion...classic for the future.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I love it. Want it. The look and sound is simply glorious.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of retro design but I must admit this car is attractive. I really love the shape of the rear face of the car. All the carbon is a bit distracting but a nice shape and flows elegantly into the diffuser. Would have been nice to see something other then round tail lights. I see a bit of Ford GR-1 in the rear shape, too. Nice. Sounds great.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of retro design but I must admit this car is attractive. I really love the shape of the rear face of the car. All the carbon is a bit distracting but a nice shape and flows elegantly into the diffuser. Would have been nice to see something other then round tail lights. I see a bit of Ford GR-1 in the rear shape, too. Nice. Sounds great.
I don't think its retro design, maybe hints of nostalgia with the buttons and leather straps inside, I agree the design is quite nice, typical of Aston to rev the heck out of it at Villa d'Este concourse! sounds nice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts