McLaren Life banner
1801 - 1820 of 1841 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
How would the Senna compare if you ran slicks on it? The difference in braking was one thing, but the other huge difference was the lateral grip. Or maybe it was just the driver..... lol.
think you would destroy it, but obviously if you add slicks you add a lot more rubber surface to the road so everything would improve (and possibly destroy it as nothing in car is designed for the increase in load and pressure). assuming it could handle it then you would have a car with the same weight another 250bhp and active aero...

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
think you would destroy it, but obviously if you add slicks you add a lot more rubber surface to the road so everything would improve (and possibly destroy it as nothing in car is designed for the increase in load and pressure). assuming it could handle it then you would have a car with the same weight another 250bhp and active aero...
Aha. Makes sense, I know I would have been through the windscreen under braking or through the passenger window in the corners had I not been strapped down tight.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Did Chris Goodwin set up the car? 😉
How quick is he? The man must be thanked for all the wonders he has worked for ours cars. Don’t know what he is doing with Aston…
he was the head development driver for the valkyrie projects but hasnt been with aston for more than a year now that should tell you a lot about how the valkyrie project is going.
i totally agree when it comes to the handling of the cars. has anyone here noticed a difference in handling between 720 coupe and spider?
CG was easily the fastest of the three of us, and Harris and i usually left the setup of the race car in the hands of Goodwin ;)

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
he was the head development driver for the valkyrie projects but hasnt been with aston for more than a year now that should tell you a lot about how the valkyrie project is going.
i totally agree when it comes to the handling of the cars. has anyone here noticed a difference in handling between 720 coupe and spider?
CG was easily the fastest of the three of us, and Harris and i usually left the setup of the race car in the hands of Goodwin ;)
What would you say the main differences in handling are between the 720 coupe and spider?

·
Registered
21 Posts
few driving impressions of the AMG One are out, looks like it's not that fast but sounds nice and looks great, also seems very easy to drive. I can see the appeal for sure as an owner (reliability issues aside)

·
Registered
21 Posts
is there an NDA for the valk? a few cars deliveried but not one video of driving impressions

tom hartley recieved a car and said they'd release a video of them but never came through with it and have ignored requests for updates etc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guy who lives by me says he has a Valk in the garage. He also owns a Pagani Huayra. Could this be true? I’m located in New Jersey. I am going to see him later tonight so I’ll ask for a picture.
nice! would be curious to know his thoughts about the car and whether there is an NDA! :) something strangely secretive about the valk !

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
nice! would be curious to know his thoughts about the car and whether there is an NDA! :) something strangely secretive about the valk !
nothing secretive, the car doesnt work. Aston might be bragging about how many cars they have delivered, but most of them are back with Aston for "upgrades", which in this case means trying to sort out the shit that should have been working all along and is nowhere close to being done. You want to poodle along monaco in your Valkyrie, probably works (not so well for David Coulthard), you want to actually drive it, better bring a truck and a spare car with you.

They will eventually get it right and car will be great (i hope) and i am looking forward to the spring when they have had another 8 months to try to sort it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
nothing secretive, the car doesnt work. Aston might be bragging about how many cars they have delivered, but most of them are back with Aston for "upgrades", which in this case means trying to sort out the shit that should have been working all along and is nowhere close to being done. You want to poodle along monaco in your Valkyrie, probably works (not so well for David Coulthard), you want to actually drive it, better bring a truck and a spare car with you.

They will eventually get it right and car will be great (i hope) and i am looking forward to the spring when they have had another 8 months to try to sort it out.
fair enough, I guess owners are just choosing out of their own free will to not say anything :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
fair enough, I guess owners are just choosing out of their own free will to not say anything :)
as opposed to a post like this? ;) hey you all, i spent 2.5mn quid on what should have been a really cool car 5 years ago, and was naive enough to take delivery of it, when 5 minutes of googling should have alerted me to the risk of it not working as expected, so now i cant drive and have no remaining recourse against AML?

i've refused to take delivery of it until it is sorted out.

1801 - 1820 of 1841 Posts