McLaren Life banner
1601 - 1620 of 1623 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know, I write it only as fan not owner but for me is Valkyrie from start when in 2016 was show as concept AMRB1 best car forever...never more will car like this. Create a car so close possible to F1/LMP on road. Not will lie I am not fan of Aston Martin as brand, but I am mega fan of Valkyrie.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
IIRC Stroll encouraged/bought on consortium investors - not sure that he has much personal money directly invested into Aston Martin? Anyway a pay out from the F1 team sale might be a way out if the company is sinking ….
I really liked the Valkyrie Spider shown at Pebble - exciting looking car even if only a push out prototype model. Hope to see one driving around Laguna Seca whenever …😀
If we are talking about the racing team, if would be very strange if he had been able to persuade his friends to put tens of millions into a racing team if he were putting in almost nothing himself but getting to call the shots and his son's being a permanent driver was part of the deal.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
If we are talking about the racing team, if would be very strange if he had been able to persuade his friends to put tens of millions into a racing team if he were putting in almost nothing himself but getting to call the shots and his son's being a permanent driver was part of the deal.
Well maybe - but the call was good, Stroll apparently perceived that Liberty would succeed in making F1 more popular worldwide and especially in USA. So as you say I guess he must be $ vested somehow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Last I heard 18 road cars had been "delivered". 12 of the 18 apparently are still sitting at dealerships as they don't run properly.
Any update on this and in general on the car?

I know The Netherlands got their first Valkyrie delivered but I believe it's not yet operational/driverable. Article in Dutch:

·
Registered
65 Posts
"Sorry everyone, not sure if the car is ready. F1 Aston Martin employees are on their way for a pre-delivery check. "

Such a clown affair, I really don't get it. How does a car leave the factory... and then you send some technicians to make sure it works? How about you do that before the car leaves the factory since at the factory you are best equipped to handle any problems?

And since they are "sending technicians", does that mean the car will actually leave the dealership and be delivered to the customer, or will it sit at the dealership for months as with most of the other cars? In other words, are they sending the technicians there just for the show?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Felisa’s arrival suggests there may well be another change of direction for Aston’s supercar projects, with the company having previously committed to developing two mid-engined models around a hybridized powertrain.

The original plan had been for Aston to develop its own electrically assisted V-6 for these, one that Moers switched to proposed use of an AMG-sourced V-8. Given Felisa and Fedeli’s long association with Ferrari, another new direction may be on the cards, with Aston insiders saying consideration is already being given to opening an engineering center in Italy.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
"Sorry everyone, not sure if the car is ready. F1 Aston Martin employees are on their way for a pre-delivery check. "

Such a clown affair, I really don't get it. How does a car leave the factory... and then you send some technicians to make sure it works? How about you do that before the car leaves the factory since at the factory you are best equipped to handle any problems?
This was entirely predictable. When a high-profile 'halo' car has had loads of problems and is years behind schedule, its high profile starts to be a curse not a blessing.
Aston are obviously desperate to say that they are 'delivering' customer cars. Whether a Valkyrie is delivered in an operable condition is a separate question, but at least the owner gets to look at it. Too bad it's ugly but, again, that is a separate question.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I posted the video because the sound of that Cosworth V12 is just heaven.

@Tom A. - Is that the road car version, road car version w/track pack, or track only version? Looks extremely unfinished either way.

@wcz - Not at all surprised that the V12 Vantage is being panned. It's a three hundred thousand dollar mess that can't keep up with a $70K Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 where it counts.

Side note: No 'AMG One' being promoted either. Both of these companies seem to have taken a dump on their Halo model.

1601 - 1620 of 1623 Posts