McLaren Life banner
1581 - 1600 of 1623 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
i'm starting to lose faith now, it's just gone on for too long.

I'm an Aston Martin man. For too long now. They released a target Nurburguring time for the Valhalla NOT the Valkyrie? It's absolute nonsense? Czinger albiet in pre production prototype format have already got track records? It's unacceptable. That's why awhile back I got back into "baby" supercars like the Mclaren Artura. The Aston Martin "baby" Vanquish has been pushed BACK to 2024/2025 apparently? Easier if you've got the money to buy a McLaren Senna, I've seen evidence of McLaren Senna GTR road legal cars!🙂

·
Registered
163 Posts
No, no, no...ya'll got your priorities backwards. Its not about what could have been the greatest/fastest road-legal track optimized ICE road car in history (and maybe forever) no...its all about that special Aston SUV and what it can do around the 'Ring that matters. Because, doesn't everyone track the hell out of with their 5,000+Lb dog taxi?

2023 Aston Martin DBX707 spied at the 'Ring in possible record attempt preparation

·
Registered
32 Posts
The production started in early November, now, almost 6 months later, still no cars on the streets, still no cars reviewed, still no cars being sent around tracks to break records, only recalls and talks of problems - it's like AM are trying to compete for the most pathetic car launch ever.
It hurts reading those words. But that's what the evidence is stating. It's supposed to be a destroyer. Adrian Newey's masterpiece. Let's see.😢

·
Registered
7 Posts
The production started in early November, now, almost 6 months later, still no cars on the streets, still no cars reviewed, still no cars being sent around tracks to break records, only recalls and talks of problems - it's like AM are trying to compete for the most pathetic car launch ever.
I had been defending this car for the longest time but I think it's really beyond their ability to finish it.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
The linked article is really good - well done. Nice to see an empirically-based analysis of what some of us have been saying for years - that the Aston Martin company is a joke, a one-trick pony (pretty body shape designed 20 years ago but still being milked because they could not come up with anything better since then). The idea that they were a 'racing company' was ridiculous, and the concept of the 'unlimited race car for the road' was ill-conceived to begin with and made worse by the involvement of Stroll Sr.
One thing I would say - you estimate that the cost of the super-high-revving V12 would have been about £250-300k each. Based on what I know about the cost to GMA of the T.50 engine, which is based on the Valkyrie engine and therefore was spared some of the Valkyrie engine's development costs, the number would have been much more than that (unless amortised across many hundreds of units).

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
And the F1 rumors - VAG buys an F1 team, say Aston Martin F1 and rebrands it as Audi F1. Perhaps includes Aston Martin Automotive with the Valkyrie as part of a Porsche Red Bull deal and Newey gets to finish what he started. 😀

·
Registered
163 Posts
So both this and the AMG One were announced when, 2016, 2017? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That's LFA territory.

You would think they'd both get their crack team of F1 technicians to help sort them out by now...

·
Registered
97 Posts
The linked article is really good - well done...
One thing I would say - you estimate that the cost of the super-high-revving V12 would have been about £250-300k each. Based on what I know about the cost to GMA of the T.50 engine, which is based on the Valkyrie engine and therefore was spared some of the Valkyrie engine's development costs, the number would have been much more than that (unless amortised across many hundreds of units).
😳😳😳

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
And the F1 rumors - VAG buys an F1 team, say Aston Martin F1 and rebrands it as Audi F1. Perhaps includes Aston Martin Automotive with the Valkyrie as part of a Porsche Red Bull deal and Newey gets to finish what he started. 😀
One might argue that 'Aston Martin' would be worth more as a racing team alone, and that the road car company would reduce the total value.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
Yes and the increased value of the F1 team could allow Stroll to exit Aston Martin with a profit - might be his best option?
Maybe, although do we know how much cash the Stroll consortium has sunk into AM by now?
Not clear whether Stroll would walk away if it meant Lance's losing his seat - although I suppose he could always buy a seat for Lance at Haas, Alfa, or Williams.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Maybe, although do we know how much cash the Stroll consortium has sunk into AM by now?
Not clear whether Stroll would walk away if it meant Lance's losing his seat - although I suppose he could always buy a seat for Lance at Haas, Alfa, or Williams.
IIRC Stroll encouraged/bought on consortium investors - not sure that he has much personal money directly invested into Aston Martin? Anyway a pay out from the F1 team sale might be a way out if the company is sinking ….
I really liked the Valkyrie Spider shown at Pebble - exciting looking car even if only a push out prototype model. Hope to see one driving around Laguna Seca whenever …😀

1581 - 1600 of 1623 Posts