McLaren Life banner
1261 - 1280 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
The highly anticipated Aston Martin Valkyrie is due to make its Goodwood Festival of Speed debut at the show. The crowd will be delighted to see – and hear – Valkyrie take on the famous Hillclimb past Goodwood House in the ‘Supercar’ batch. Accelerating from 0-60mph in under 2.5 seconds and powered by an almighty, naturally aspirated 6.5-litre V12 engine producing 1160bhp, Valkyrie – which will be driven by Aston Martin Cognizant Formula OneTeam driver Lance Stroll on Saturday – is surely set to be the star of the show.

·
Administrator
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
The Valkyrie means so much to a car fan like me, 5 years I've been waiting for this car and following the development..... And really, I'm still so excited about this car.

Hats off to Aston Martin and all the Men and Women who worked on this project, many thought (I did too at one point) that this car would be just a dream, but it is now a reality.

I can't wait to see the various customer specs and of course I can't wait to see what the press will say about it (especially Top Gear and Carfection) it seems to me that press testing is coming in August.

Now that we know that production starts in two weeks, I think the Valkyrie and Aston Martin will be the focus of all the car fan discussion.

I can't wait!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thought we were going to get a lot more information about the car, like curb weight etc... A bit of an anti climatic reveal for a car of this caliber. Especially for one that is touted as the end all be all of ICE engineered cars.

·
Registered
433 Posts

I'm really scared of the "use" of this Valkyrie.... sorry but as amazing as the car seems to be, it's not really going to be usable on the road.

This is why the Valkyrie AMR Pro makes more sense to me.... A true "No Rules" Machine with an incredible V12 sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Valkyrie VP8 in full carbon fibre...VP8 is last Valkyrie pre-producion prototype, next one will production car 1 of 150....and to Shmee150 video. I think he got ride in VP8 in Milbrook because when car broke in Friday run at GFOS he was in car so I think it was not best video if he post video from Goodwood so therefore I think he was only one from youtubers which got ride in VP8, but happy that AM did it.....as said many many times this is best road legal car in the world forever and game over in road legal hypercar game.
http://instagr.am/p/CRlucLZNhyz/

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Which would seem to miss the "road" bit ;)
Slightly.
The reality is that Adrian Newey wanted to design and build the fastest possible racing car, uninhibited by series technical regulations. But he couldn't get funding for it because it would serve no purpose in racing.
At the same time Aston Martin was hoping to create a phony impression that they knew something about building racing cars, but couldn't do that by actually building racing cars because of course they didn't have the foggiest idea of how to build a racing car.
Newey and Aston therefore got together to design (Newey) and build (Aston, fronting actual builder Multimatic) the world's potentially fastest in certain unachievable conditions racing car, then to compromise it as a racing car in order to make it an even more compromised road-legal 'road car' so that they could sell enough of them to fund Newey's pipe dream.
Oh, and then a t-shirt importer called Lawrence Stroll got involved and decided the cars were costing Aston too much to produce so he insisted that everything be cheapened.
Other than that, it's a great idea, especially as a road car.

·
Administrator
2,950 Posts
Slightly.
The reality is that Adrian Newey wanted to design and build the fastest possible racing car, uninhibited by series technical regulations. But he couldn't get funding for it because it would serve no purpose in racing.
At the same time Aston Martin was hoping to create a phony impression that they knew something about building racing cars, but couldn't do that by actually building racing cars because of course they didn't have the foggiest idea of how to build a racing car.
Newey and Aston therefore got together to design (Newey) and build (Aston, fronting actual builder Multimatic) the world's potentially fastest in certain unachievable conditions racing car, then to compromise it as a racing car in order to make it an even more compromised road-legal 'road car' so that they could sell enough of them to fund Newey's pipe dream.
Oh, and then a t-shirt importer called Lawrence Stroll got involved and decided the cars were costing Aston too much to produce so he insisted that everything be cheapened.
Other than that, it's a great idea, especially as a road car.
I don't think the situation is actually as positive as you make it out to be.;)

1261 - 1280 of 1289 Posts