McLaren Life banner

1181 - 1200 of 1229 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
T50s is a bad comparison, different car in terms of philosophy. The amg project one is the number one contender! And my bet is that the amg will be faster

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
T50s is a bad comparison, different car in terms of philosophy. The amg project one is the number one contender! And my bet is that the amg will be faster
only if AM really butchered the concept of the Valkyrie and made it too heavy ... otherwise the Valkyrie is far more extreme

Reactions: taw6189

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I agree, Valkyrie is indeed more extreme but the AMG has more likelihood to stay true to its concept.
yes but its concept was always a more normal road car (with very high performance) ... think of a more modern P1/LaF with F1 engine as a gimmick ... the Valkyrie was/is sth else, more like somehow getting an unlimited LMP1 to become barely road legal

Reactions: taw6189

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only concern in regards to the AMG One is that there has been no talk of how much it will weigh. If they can keep the wet weight at 2,800 Lbs or under it just might have a chance of smashing all the records. And I hope it does. As much as I love the 'Valkyrie concept' I would love to watch papa Larry eat crow if he truly indeed screw up it's ethos.

It'll be an epic showdown no doubt. Wonder how much faster around a track either will be vs a Senna...on road legal tires of course.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,384 Posts
I think we could maybe have a new trinity coming...

The T.50, AM Valkyrie, and AMG One... Will be interesting to see how the different philosophies will play out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think we could maybe have a new trinity coming...

The T.50, AM Valkyrie, and AMG One... Will be interesting to see how the different philosophies will play out.
Can't wait to se how it plays out as well. But my bet is that the T.50 won't even be in the same ballpark as the other two around a circuit. It doesn't have the tire, torque or transmission of the other two. But in the end, it just might be the most desirable one of them all...

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Can't wait to se how it plays out as well. But my bet is that the T.50 won't even be in the same ballpark as the other two around a circuit. It doesn't have the tire, torque or transmission of the other two. But in the end, it just might be the most desirable one of them all...
don't underestimate the T50 its power to weight is way better than the Senna and the aero is maybe also a step up from a Senna (even it looks way less extreme) due to the very exotic diffusor with the fan ...

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

·
Administrator
2,892 Posts
Well it would be interesting to see Murray behind the wheel of the T.50, Philipp Schiemer driving the AMG One, and Lawrence Stroll in the Valkyrie and see who puts up the best lap time. My money would not be on Stroll.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,384 Posts
Isnt that more drinks
Well it would be interesting to see Murray behind the wheel of the T.50, Philipp Schiemer driving the AMG One, and Lawrence Stroll in the Valkyrie and see who puts up the best lap time. My money would not be on Stroll.
Isnt that more driver dependent than car though?

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
What? Doesn't he seem like a racing driver to you?

It is interesting, not to mention amusing, to see how extremely wealthy people choose to spend their money. Often they make foolish choices. Larry Stroll is a perfect example of that.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The only concern in regards to the AMG One is that there has been no talk of how much it will weigh. If they can keep the wet weight at 2,800 Lbs or under it just might have a chance of smashing all the records. And I hope it does. As much as I love the 'Valkyrie concept' I would love to watch papa Larry eat crow if he truly indeed screw up it's ethos.

It'll be an epic showdown no doubt. Wonder how much faster around a track either will be vs a Senna...on road legal tires of course.
it already is significantly faster than a senna around a track...valkyrie that is

·
Registered
711 Posts
What? Doesn't he seem like a racing driver to you?
View attachment 211152

It is interesting, not to mention amusing, to see how extremely wealthy people choose to spend their money. Often they make foolish choices. Larry Stroll is a perfect example of that.
yeah you are right, so far Lawrence has only tripled his investment in Aston martin, sorted out a new main long term sponsor for Force India (which now is a top 5 team with increased money coming from that), oh and yeah he clearly never made any money out of tommy hilfiger etc either. And toto wolf is an idiot for investing in Aston at 38cents etc....
if your definition of foolish is to spend your money on something you are passionate about and double or triple your money while doing then yes, Stroll is very foolish indeed. His bank account probably says he is less foolish than most people on this forum though..

·
Registered
361 Posts
yeah you are right, so far Lawrence has only tripled his investment in Aston martin, sorted out a new main long term sponsor for Force India (which now is a top 5 team with increased money coming from that), oh and yeah he clearly never made any money out of tommy hilfiger etc either. And toto wolf is an idiot for investing in Aston at 38cents etc....
if your definition of foolish is to spend your money on something you are passionate about and double or triple your money while doing then yes, Stroll is very foolish indeed. His bank account probably says he is less foolish than most people on this forum though..
lol mean

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Force India were already a top 5 team when Stroll and his partners took it over, so no value added there. The only significant thing Force India have done since Stroll et al. bought the team was to make the craven, unsporting decision to copy Mercedes's previous car, a decision that may have unjustifiably helped them last year but has rightfully bitten them in the ass this year.

I respect people who do respectable things. I don't find it respectable to make a fortune out of selling overpriced t-shirts, especially if (as reported) your t-shirts were produced in Asian sweatshops.

I don't judge people by their bank accounts. I know many people who are either multi-hundred millionaires or billionaires, and a large percentage of them are assholes. Definitely not all of them, but too many of them. If you're that rich, you should be spending your time trying to figure out how to make the world better, not acting like a thug with a giant toy set but no manners.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Force India were already a top 5 team when Stroll and his partners took it over, so no value added there. The only significant thing Force India have done since Stroll et al. bought the team was to make the craven, unsporting decision to copy Mercedes's previous car, a decision that may have unjustifiably helped them last year but has rightfully bitten them in the ass this year.

I respect people who do respectable things. I don't find it respectable to make a fortune out of selling overpriced t-shirts, especially if (as reported) your t-shirts were produced in Asian sweatshops.

I don't judge people by their bank accounts. I know many people who are either multi-hundred millionaires or billionaires, and a large percentage of them are assholes. Definitely not all of them, but too many of them. If you're that rich, you should be spending your time trying to figure out how to make the world better, not acting like a thug with a giant toy set but no manners.
We clearly have very different view on what type of businesses we would like to be in, you dont like luxury products or businesses where you can charge what the customer is willing to pay rather than a cost plus pricing strategy. Me, i would much rather be Apple where i can charge whatever the customer is willing to pay, (or LVMH et al) than a steel manufacturer.

I have no knowledge of what sweatshops he might or might not have used, so not sure what backing you have for that allegation?
and saving Aston Martin from the 8th bankruptcy which would have been guaranteed with AP in charge doesnt account for anything?

I'm very happy that we still live in a world where a person that has worked hard can chose how he spends his money and what projects are important to him, rather having some woke mob deciding what will make the world better and how he should be spending his hard earned money.
and as a side note, i'm not defending him, only the principle that he can do whatever he wants, as long as it is legal, with his own money. If Society wants something else then change the rules, And so far his investment in AML has been highly profitable.
and i will defend the principle, that you have the right to your view, however much i might disagree with it ;)

1181 - 1200 of 1229 Posts